Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

Stefan Shook

#373 Petition for the August 1st Calendar

2011-02-24 23:13

Though it will not effect me directly, it will effect my family. Being the oldest of 6 kids, the other 5 will be effected by this change.

Our Democracy has been denied because our vote was cast aside. This is not right. We voted and that vote means nothing. That act does not represent a Democracy.

Replies

#394 Re: Petition for the August 1st Calendar

2011-02-25 22:58:13

#373: Stefan Shook - Petition for the August 1st Calendar 

hey einstein,

4 board members ran on pledges to change the calendar away from the balanced calendar.

the voters elected them.

then the board did exactly what it said it was going to do - if elected.

#440 Re: Petition for the August 1st Calendar

2011-02-27 17:37:49

#373: Stefan Shook - Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Our democracy is just fine.  I shudder to think that you learned that a non-scientific survey should rule over the legal vote in November.  All four have made their position very well known on the balanced calendar and to vote otherwise would left them with the fate of Rev. Crooks and Dr. Abraham, who also said they were against the balanced calendar but voted for it.  That didn't turn out so well for them, did it?

The survey results on the CCSD website never said how many teachers voted in Cobb County, did it; just percentages.  We only have 8500ish teachers in the county, yet drilling down on the survey will show that we have a few thousand more.  Interesting...