Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

#705 Re:

2011-03-06 02:34

#703: -  

Odd, you would think that Chair Bartlett, a teacher (and most active in schools) would have a realistic view. 

I hope you aren't teaching children to build fact-based discussions like the one you have put forth ("it seems").

Candidly, I don't remotely care about your daughter's braces or your challenges in scheduling appointments. Every job has its difficulties (night shift workers, people who travel, people who are put in harm's way, etc.).  Learn to deal with your profession's challenges or get out.  The community is fed up with whining teachers.

Replies

#706 Re: Re:

2011-03-06 03:23:13

#705: Guest - Re:  

I don't think that I was whining - simply stating why I've taken less sick days this year.  Teaching is not a job that you can come in a little late and stay longer to make up the time - you are either  there the entire time or you have to get a sub. I actually want to be in my classroom teaching my students as much as possible. I feel most teachers in Cobb feel the same way. I work with some amazing teachers and my own children's teachers blow me away. They are incredible and I feel blessed to live in a county with such dedicated teachers. The citizens oif Douglas might feel differently since I believe Mrs. Bartlett was out close to 25 days last year.