Support Filipino Sign Language Act of 2012 - House Bill 6079

Quoted post

#72 Re: Re:

2012-10-28 13:09

#69: - Re:

Where did you get this information!!! ????

"Special Education Division that they have been using SEE as medium of instructions for years in all pubic schools as a result they have been producing graduates with poor English reading and writting skills shouldn't be the blame put to SEE not FSL?.."

Well, were you there when one of the Heads of the Department of Education DISAGREEd with the idea of using FSL as a medium of instruction??? So how come that you are saying that SPED division claimed the failure due to SEE use???? Pwede ba.... kapag nagcocoment kayo eh evidence based???

Provisions were asked by the Department of Education before accepting the use of FSL inside the classroom... One of it was to CLEARLY define what FSL means. :)

Ibig sabihin, hindi malinaw ang pagbibigay kahulugan sa FSL.... HILAW pa ang IDEYA.....

Replies

#78 Re: Re: Re:

2012-10-29 21:36:22

#72: - Re: Re:

Yes! during the congressional hearing on FSL bill last oct 16 the deped-sped declared that they have been using SEE as medium of instructions for years in public schools even through there is an existing 1997 sped guidelines mandating the use of FSL as medium of instruction..

If you can read and understand my msg you will see that what i mean is that the use of SEE for years resulted on producing garduates with poor english reading and writting skills..I have been Deaf all my life and practically surrounded by Deaf people most of my life so how will i not know?..Do you mean hearing people like you knows how to be Deaf better than us the real Deaf people?..You are welcome to come in our community and find out all the evidence that you need..

Excuse me! FSL have been around during the spanish era as documented by friars from Dulac leyte..In modern times we have conducted a National Sign Language Committee study during the time of Sec Raul Roco which have results in 54% of the respondents claimed FSL as their prefferred language, in those times there is still no existing FSL advocacy yet awareness on FSL is prevalent through out the country..As a result of this studies 1997 SPED guidelines mandated the use of FSL as medium of instruction in Deaf education..

If you want more studies and facts you can visit anytime the PDRC and PFD office..there are also existing publications in the internet..

As a parting word, DEAF PEOPLE LIKE US HAVE LONG ENDURED HEARING SOLUTIONS FOR THE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAF PROBLEM BUT NOTHING IS WORKING, IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT A DEAF SOLUTION TO THE DEAF PROBLEM BE IMPLEMENTED

Angel

#101 Re: Re: Re:

2012-11-02 08:34:09

#72: - Re: Re:

"Special Education Division that they have been using SEE as medium of instructions for years in all pubic schools as a result they have been producing graduates with poor English reading and writting skills shouldn't be the blame put to SEE not FSL?.."

POOR ENGLISH READING and WRITING SKILLS?? Where did you get this information from result??? You should prove it to us! How can they understand the words than visualizing the pictures? I know you never view as perspective of Deaf students that's why there are some problems with understanding and reading. I know you believe SEE what you can use, fine. How can you solve their problems from understanding the words? You need to give more visualizing the words.

I would give my tips to you what I can suggest you.

Four Kinds of stratergies how to process understanding.

Step 1: "Visualizing" the pictures

Step 2: "Listening or speaking" (using visual sign languages and of course, can be oralism  language) possible you can patiently communicate with Deaf students if they can understand and using Filipino Sign Language

Step 3: "Reading" (using storytelling include performances like action [e.g. dance, singing, drama, etc])

Step 4: "writing" (they can develop their skills how to write since they can understand from Step one to three. :D)