say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

2014-12-30 17:18

I can understand the feeling of the parents with young children cos I too have 2 young children looking forward to growing up in the fernvale estate.

I still remember the story of "meng mu san qian", about a mother whom shifted house 3 times so that her children can be in the right environment to grow up in.

A temple + columbarium + funeral services is NOT the right environment for our children to grow up in.

I hope that our government will have a heart for our children.

2014-12-30 17:38

I'm ok if it's just a columbarium run by the temple. Some churches ( e.g. St Anne's Church in Rivervale) and temples ( e.g. Chinese temple at Anchorvale) have columbarium in their premises and situated beside HDB estate. BUT this is going to be a privately-run "integrated-columbarium" ( in other words, it is mainly a funeral parlour with columbarium). I think it is unfair to residents who bought properties around here thinking that this is going to be a Place of Worship (possibly with a columbarium) and not a commercially-run funeral parlour with a columbarium.

2014-12-30 19:28

No columbarium to our future home. Why must it be at Seng Kang? This is a new environment for young families.There are many other places available. Please reconsider.

2014-12-30 19:32

No to columbarium don't think is good way to put open space near to all Hdb & school area.
Disappointed fernvale resident

#105 NO TO COLUMBARIUM

2014-12-30 21:25

No to the columbarium and temple. Just does'nt make sense to build it 10m away from a hdb block. If the government still allow the building of the temple cum columbarium despite our protest it seriously does not take the voice of the people into consideration. 

fernvale ridge resident

#106 fernvale ridge

2014-12-30 23:26

No to columbarium! We the residents of fernvale ridge also share the outrage. When we bought our flats, there wasnt any info told to us abt the future plans of that plot of land yet. If we knew, we wouldn't choose the flats facing the "columbarium". How can such things be built around young developing houses, with a future school beside, with a future community ctr opposite? ? Overwhelming ridiculous. 

2014-12-30 23:51

It is beyond ridiculous how a columbarium is to be developed right smacked at the core of residential area. Please use some common logic to place it at secluded areas.

2014-12-30 23:56

It is so sad to know that the government ignore the young family feeling. I been waiting for the hse for 3 yes & till now then know tat 'they' do not know the meaning of Chinese temple n columbarium. If I know this would happen, I will not enough apply. Now at least give us the piority to apply sale of balance flat at a discount with no deduction/forfeit of the 5% we hv paid for the current unit.
Cool

#109 Upset by the move by gov

2014-12-30 23:57

It is so sad to know that the government ignore the young family feeling. I been waiting for the hse for 3 yes & till now then know tat 'they' do not know the meaning of Chinese temple n columbarium. If I know this would happen, I will not enough apply. Now at least give us the piority to apply sale of balance flat at a discount with no deduction/forfeit of the 5% we hv paid for the current unit.

2014-12-31 00:05

If only they have a brain in their planning.....why here?

Why not near Dr Lam's house, even better, near to LHL's house in Tanglin or even Mr Khaw's house.

If really got the guts, then build there lor why bullied us little fishes here?

2014-12-31 00:20

As most of us are unaware of this arrangement, it is only fair for them to move it elsewhere instead.
Espada 006

2014-12-31 00:23

Why government didn't inform us earlier? If we know , I proud to say 80 to 95% is not willing to buy flat over there . government are not honest at all. When we bought the flat (BTO).DID U LET US KNOW IN THE FIRST PLACE ? When almost 90% choosing BTO over there.you 'government', announce it and not to mention the floor that on the 2nd of june, we must bear the cost. You government are not honest at all.PAP is also part of our leader. did u ever think of our feeling.is not that we dont repect the deaths.if you told us in the first place.i dont think singsporen will bought the flat over there? Im so so sorry. PAP is rich so they dont care for us only think and think how to earn our hard earn money. No wonder our minister is so damn rich 

Fernvale

2014-12-31 00:26

Such drastic feeling from a month ago when Seletar Mall opened!

Fernvale is still considered a new up and coming area with many young kids and a 1 year old primary school locating nearby. We should respect those who passed on and need a peaceful place but this area is obviously getting busier...I hope there's still compassion for the residents here too, and not to chill everyone cos this is our home!

J

2014-12-31 00:59

We waited afew years for our home and this is what we get? Dropping a bomb to us like this now is just forcing us to accept the fact. Why do we even need to pay penalty and wait one year if we were to back out? This is seriously damn unfair to future resident.  I don't think anyone will be happy when you keep hearing chanting and prayers going on in the neighborhood. Not bring rude or what but it's not something you want to see nor hear everyday!  

2014-12-31 01:16

No one would like to stay near a place that house the dead.

2014-12-31 01:27

It is more appropriate to have temples with religious teachings for our young to attend since sengkang is a young estate. Funeral and parlour services are not suitable for such populated residential area.

2014-12-31 02:19

Iamh taking care my grandchild in Fernvale Ridge & I naturally concern. Through true unpleasant experience of my own sibling who stay near a colomburium in CCK is really unfair& thoughtless of the Govt to build a place of the dead resting place right in the area of young families.
nocolumbarium

#118 6 reasons why building a columbarium is wrong in Fernvale Link

2014-12-31 02:24

1. It is not right for it to be built right smack in a residential area.

2. If you decide to build one right in such area, it should be higlighted prominently and be known before land sales to property developers and to prospective HDB flat owners. This will mean the land sale price is discounted heavily and the unit price is heavily discounted for the disamenty of a columbarium.

3. It is designated as a chinese temple (non-commercial, religious), but the tender is won by an Australian company (commercial entity) offering integrated funeral services. Those reviewing the tender and who awarded the tender should be sent to live right next to it if the decision is to go ahead. 

4. There are better places elsewhere. There are many other plots of land still yet to be sold or developed, the coloumbarium should be relocated to these places. 

a. next to or within the designated industrial area beside Seletar.

b. next to the Tampines Expressway

c. other undeveloped land where the land sales have yet to take place and where the HDB sites have yet to be built. (And where you'd see that no one will want to buy a unit there, unless it is really cheap)

5. There are many young families with children who are moving in for the new flats which are newly built, these families require more children related facilities and services rather than aged or funeral related services.

6. No matter what other preventive measures or compromises is made, if the government should decide to go ahead with the building of the columbarium, please remember what happened to the MPs and minister who were faced with a similar issue in Serangoon Gardens foreign workers dormitory incident in 2008 and still decided to go ahead with building them. Where did the MPs and minister go in 2011?

2014-12-31 02:33

The government should set an example of its acceptance by building a funeral parlour in HDB Hub, MND Complex or JEM.

2014-12-31 02:35

Please do not build the columbarium next to my home.

2014-12-31 03:09

no columbarium

2014-12-31 03:11

I am just 12 year old. Please think about my future, please.

#123 Re:

2014-12-31 03:15

#122: -  

Kid be strong. 

2014-12-31 03:51

My flat is directly opposite the said location at Fernvale Rivergrove, 100% visible from the windows. If this issue is not resolved, seriously will consider the option of forgoing the 5% deposit. 

2014-12-31 04:03

No columbarium next to our future home please....