U-46 bring our librarians back full time!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition U-46 bring our librarians back full time! .

Irene Pacheco MLS

#1 U-46

2011-01-20 20:09

Please, Bring our librariam back

Cathy Thompson

2011-01-21 04:10

Readers are Leaders!
Kym Tinerella

#3 Bring back our Librarian

2011-01-21 15:44

Bring back our librarian!
Carol Romero

#4 Literacy

2011-01-26 16:46

If we are to raise the literacy levels of all students, having a functioning school library in elementary schools is MANDATORY. The school library is the heart and soul of literacy at the elementary level.
Adrianna Miranda

#5 Bring back our librarians

2011-01-26 18:01

We need our librarians full time!!!!
Adrianna Miranda

#6 Bring back our librarians

2011-01-26 18:33

Please bring back our librarians
Adrianna Miranda

#7 We need our librarians full time

2011-01-26 18:35

The librarians are the heart of the school libraries!
Sue Dalton

#8 Full-Time Librarians

2011-01-26 22:49

If we are expected to raise the literacy levels of all students, having a functioning school library in elementary schools is MANDATORY. The school library is the heart of literacy at the elementary level.
T

#9 Bring back our STAFF!

2011-01-27 00:25

Literacy Framework = Independent Reading / Guided Reading / Buddy Reading via U-46

U-46 = no $$

No $$ = part time librarians

Part time librarians  DOES NOT = Literacy Framework!

YOU DO THE MATH!

Jeanne Nolan

#10 Returning Library to U-46

2011-01-27 01:23

How are we ever going to increase reading achievement and reading scores without readily getting library books in students' hands every week!? It is an absolute necessity to restore libraries to all U-46 elementary schools. School libraries are some of students only access to books outside of school!
Christy Whitney

#11 RESTORE THE LOVE OF READING AND LIBRARIES!

2011-01-27 06:49

Please bring our much needed librarians back to our children! How can we "require" Gail Borden library cards when our children can't even enjoy/fully use the great collections of books already in our schools that our parents and tax payers pay for!!!!
George Whitney

#12 TAXES IN ELGIN GO UP, SCHOOL LIBRARY USE GOES DOWN

2011-01-27 06:53

It's funny our property taxes have gone up again, though our property value has gone down and we can't even get an underpaid librarian in our kids' school libraries!
Jennifer Hunter

2011-01-27 16:02

I completely agree that library services should not be shortened. Reading is the basis of all education and the resources that are taught during weekly library time are irreplaceable.
David Manikowski

#14 Libraries closed 1/2 of the year.

2011-01-27 16:17

In a district where we struggle to motivate children to read and some reading scores are at their lowest does keeping elementary libraries closed 1/2 of the year help?
Eddie Miranda

#15 Restoration of Library Services

2011-01-27 16:19

Every year our school libraries and staff, represent the ONLY means of many of our students to be engaged, enlightened and motivated regarding the joy of reading. Over the past two years with District cuts, opportunities for our students to maximize their knowledge acquisition have been limited because those libraries are not available. Many projects I assign students cannot for economic reasons get to their own public libraries now, don't have that resource available to them either. Please re-consider the re-instatement of such an important part of our public schools....the magical place called..............the Library! and the key holders of such a magical place.................our committed and passionate Librarians!
Molly Mutschler

#16 We need librarians!

2011-01-27 17:09

Having an every-other week librarian is very difficult. My students now choose three books at a time in an attempt to last all 14 (or more) days until they can choose again, which leaves no time for listening to a read-aloud. All of my readers, from highest to lowest, read more than 3 books in two weeks! We need more time with a librarian. Our librarian needs more time with the students and time with the library. How can one person manage so many check-outs and returns when she is not even here all the time? She cannot. The library is a mess. This problem needs to be resolved ASAP.
Tamara Wood

#17 Bring our Librarians back!

2011-01-27 17:11

I am a former student of U-46 and was very dissapointed to hear that U-46 decided to limit the time that the library was open at each school. This will dirastically reduce the students opportunity to learn how to read/use a library correctly. In a time when print is going by the wayside, we should be embracing it and reinforcing its importance with our children.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-01-27 19:35

Elisabet Garcia

#19 Librarians

2011-01-27 19:43

This is a no brainer!!!
Brian Graham

#20 Librarians

2011-01-27 19:46

Our Librarian is one of the most organized,caring,hardest working people I've seen in the district! I know how hard it is to split schools, as I've done it at a much lower level. It isn't fair to have them part-time @ 2 places, because you can never get things the way you need them, and you never get anything really accomplished! I know times are tough, but isn't reading and promoting literacy really why we're here? PLEASE give them the chance they need to succeed!
just me

#21 only in Disney

2011-01-27 19:47

If only we could all have what we need! Of course, libraries in the schools are important, but teachers can get books from local libraries and bring them into their classrooms if they have students who are unable to get there on their own. Classroom
support is a more valuable way of spending short supply dollars. Students are struggling with basic academics in the classrooms of 29-34 students! Put the money where it does the most good! Disney is the only place I have been where everything is perfect!
Leah Butters

#22 literacy idiocy!

2011-01-27 19:56

How a district that is focusing on literacy can close libraries/learning centers for 2-3 days a week is beyond me!
Adrianna Miranda

#23 We need our librarians full time

2011-01-27 20:26

Our librarias are a very important part in the student developmet reading skills.
Diane Geary

#24 return librarians to full time

2011-01-27 20:26

Being a former teacher, I know the importance of having a certified librarian in charge of the library. These are the people that help in "turning kids on to reading" and help children understand the value of books--reference, plesasure reading, etc.
Violet Pusec-Gdula

#25 Our Librarian At Kimball Middle School

2011-01-27 21:01

We need our Librarian here full time! She always accommodates my students during Library time. Mrs. Barry reads great books to my ELL/Special Ed students, as well as, helps them choose the right ones for their language and reading level.
She also accommodates the teachers as much as possible when it comes to borrowing materials at the spur of the moment. So we need our Librarian, Mrs. Barry, full time!!!