Save the Cresta Car guards

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the Cresta Car guards.

2015-07-23 13:15

I do not agree with any shopping centre to charge for parking. We pay enough for the goods we buy and the tenants pay enough for rent. Charging for parking is a rip off and will influence where I choose to shop.

2015-07-23 13:35

I believe that the car guards are effective and trustworthy and they deserve to be able to make a living by doing an honest day's work. They have been working at Cresta for many years and should not just be told to go home.

2015-07-23 14:23

I believe they serve a good purpose and I park where you don't have to pay! I refuse to pay for parking when I am supporting YOUR facility!! Number one reason I will not shop at Clearwater Mall! If you want my money and you want me to shop at your facility, I am certainly not paying for it! Northgate it is then!

2015-07-23 15:38

They are working to support their families.Where is the money going to?I won't be going back to Cresta centre.

2015-07-23 15:51

Unemployment is rife and fueling crime. Why are big organizations trying to cut their overheads even more and denying people who want to work and give good service the opportunity to make a living?

2015-07-23 16:06

Think of all of the families losing their bread winner. Cresta will be losing a lot of customers. High rent for the tenants. As well as now they want more money with the paid parking? Just after money not thinking about others
Keep the security guards they are great. They are helpful and polite

2015-07-23 16:20

With so much unemployment In this country, allow the gaurds to earn an honest living, with a bit of dignity.

2015-07-23 17:30

We need more employment opportunities in this country and fewer fat cats getting money.
Happy Cresta visitor

2015-07-23 17:57

It has been a pleasure to shop at Cresta with the choice of paid or car guarded area.  The car guards should not be called that with the likes of the sometimes drunken and abusive car guards in Parkhurst and Greeside

2015-07-23 18:25

I have been a regular visitor to Cresta since inception we do all our eating out and shopping there, however if the car guards are removed for I will only shop for emergencies there as I live reasonably close. I will rather travel to Clearwater Mall if the car guards are no longer employed at Cresta. What you are doing is inhuman, unless there are other extenuating reasons, be transparent to your clientele.

2015-07-23 18:30

Booms cant do the job of a car guard.

2015-07-23 18:53

I respect that they don't beg. I remember when I used to live in South Africa. There must be a better solution. #Ubuntu

2015-07-23 19:25

Seriously ridiculous, I got retrenched because of Cresta's greed, they've refused to renew leases because they want "high end" traders.  So many amazing people have already lost their jobs there. If the guards go, I'll make the trip to Clearwater rather. 

2015-07-23 20:38

These guys are wonderful! And I get to practice my French with the Congolese ones. Please don't install the booms, more societal disconnect and dullness!

2015-07-24 04:06

Because Cresta is scary and attracts down and outs that beg for money and seem keen to nick my bag. Car guards make me feel safer in those large dark sometimes rather empty parking areas

2015-07-24 05:57

I was just wondering yesterday what would happen to the Cresta Centre car guards when the outside parking meters start working. They have been there since the beginning and it is SO unfair to get rid of them. Cresta Centre has just become a greedy money grabbing place in the last 10 or so years.

2015-07-24 09:49

I declare that booms will NOT work at Cresta - with the amount of cars and people that frequent Cresta, it is most likely going to be a disaster! The car guards, at the moment, apparently pay for their 'space' to guard an area at Centre. Now they will lprobably lose this opportunity of making money for their daily living! I say / keep all the registered car guards, as there is a chance cars will get broken into if there are no carguards! Cresta centre landlords think about what you are doing.!

2015-07-24 15:19

Because the car guards will be unemployed and the paid parking is a money making racket.

2015-07-24 19:42

I dont want decent people to be without a means of making an honest living

2015-07-24 21:54

Car guards helpful and really assist us - be it finding a parking spot, help carry goods, loading the car and many more things. The booms and new converging lanes is so unpractical. Actually stupid. The chaos it is and will create the reason I'm will from now boycott the centre I have lived in the area and shoped there since the centre started. Really sad as I live close by and I am going to miss Cresta. I will NOT support the management decision. Disgusting!!!

2015-07-27 03:35

The car guards have been helping shoppers for years for the pittance the earn. How can they be kicke out with no regard to how they make a living?

2015-07-27 14:02

The car guards wont be without jobs, they would be better off. As per Cresta Management:  

The current car guards are formally employed by the contracted security company at Cresta. This company has confirmed that the car guards will be given an opportunity to apply for the position of a security guard and that they will manage the HR logistics around this process.

They will thus be empolyed as a security guard (should they apply) - and please note that they are currently employed.

I am all for the guards, but it seems people are not informed on the facts. 

2015-07-27 14:32

I support the car gaurds. So they won't all lose their jobs and income.

2015-07-27 16:40

Because we are giving machinens en other electronic stuff work that people, who also have the same hopes and dreams for the future of their loved ones and themselves as everyone of us to do. And r

2015-07-28 05:19

Because jobs are being taken away from people who need to support their families and themselves. Now what will those people be forced to do for money? Think people
PLEASE LIVE AND LET LIVE!