Save teddy from being put down

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save teddy from being put down.

2016-03-16 14:38

To help get teddy homex

2016-03-16 14:42

Because this dog is being persecuted unjustly after no wrong doing. He is loved by a family who love him and care for his needs. These are loving dogs and should not be judged on what someone's perception is of this loving breed. Why spend taxpayers money and break the heart of the family who this dog belongs to for he is indeed one of the family.

2016-03-16 14:51

No animal should be killed because of it's breed, ever !!!

2016-03-16 14:59

A dog that has done nothing to anyone and a loving dog to a family should not be put to sleep just because someone feels that it a particular breed and should be put to sleep

2016-03-16 15:27

This is so unfair, I hope you win this!!

2016-03-16 16:25

BSL MUST BE STOPPED!

2016-03-16 16:39

Such a sad story, this beautiful dog has done nothing wrong and deserves to live a full happy life!!!! XXXX

2016-03-16 17:04

good luck old chap

2016-03-16 17:05

what a terrible thing, good luck Thomas x

2016-03-16 17:08

I could not imagine if my dog was taken from my girls, aged 4 and 5, and myself due to her breed! I can only hope this is settled and Teddy can get back to his home. Ignorance is not justified. If people are able to do this to an animal that is loved and loves in return, why can we not do this to those people that are in dire need of this kind of "Swift" punishment?
Xoxo

2016-03-16 17:23

How can you condemn a dog to death because of a "perceived threat". It is an absolute disgrace and you should be ashamed of your actions. Set Teddy free for his family. The poor dog has done no wrong.

2016-03-16 18:03

Because I'm sick of other twats telling me what to do and I trust that you are able to make your own judgement about what is best for people you know far more than the judgement of people who don't know you and whose biggest fear is the judgement of people who control their purse strings

2016-03-16 18:51

Companion animals should be banned only due to individual bad behavior, NOT because of their breed!

2016-03-16 19:08

It is inhumane to take a pet from its owner just because of a breed that is Racist

2016-03-16 19:18

We had a pit bull dog out daughters grew up with. She was so gentle and loving to them. After she died we bought a German Shepherd. That dog attacked our 9 year old daughter while I was standing beside her. We never figured out why that dog attacked our daughter. I just want people to understand pit bulldogs are not all bad. There are other breeds that attack as well. Are you going to ban all dogs just because of a few?

#991 #991

2016-03-16 19:27

I know people that actually have pits and they are sweet as pie.  Any dog can turn at any time on anyone regardless of breed.  I am SICK of this breed discrimination.  Although I treat my dog like a person, I know she is a dog.  I do not leave her unattended with very small children, I correct her behavior as needed, and I make sure she is not placed in stressful or dangerous situations.  As a result, she has NEVER shown any agressive behavior to anyone.  The reason I don't leave her with small children isn't really her, but the fact that small children should always have an adult around, or at least someone over 13 years old.  

2016-03-16 19:28

i signed because I think its wrong on all level's you would not send someone to prison for how they look so why sentence a poor innocent dog just for how he looks and my hart gose out to the owners and there daughter think people forget that a pet becomes apart of the family you cant just replace them really hope you get the outcome you deserve x

2016-03-16 19:32

Why "Not" should be the question. This is unlawful. No crime, no time. What is going on in our society when innocent dogs are being condemned. There shouldn't be laws against a dog breed in the first place. It is people that create mean dogs, but it's always the dog that pays the price and it's not fair. They don't have a voice to fight back. Get real people.

2016-03-16 19:34

This dog doesn't know what breed it is, as with all these dogs, it is how the owners treat and train their animals rather than the dog deciding to be aggressive. I have had more trouble with small terrier dogs being aggressive towards me than larger so called dangerous dogs such as german shepherds and mastiffs.

2016-03-16 19:37

The Dangerous Dogs Act was criticised from the very start as being poorly drafted knee-jerk reaction by the previous Tory government. It does not take into account the effects of the environment or handling (or training) on a dog's behaviour, and only judges them on breed (look up racism and apartheid to find out how well that approach usually ends). But more to the point - it makes the dog pay the price for the owner's failings. Irresponsible owners will just go buy another dog (ban or no ban), responsible owners who get targeted by this law lose a member of their families and dogs with no problem histories like Teddy their lives. Carry on like that and the only dogs left will be the bad ones!

2016-03-16 19:43

The parents have a right to decide what kind of dangers their kids will face... Americans casually send their kids off to play football every year. Are we going to jail the parents for that?! That dog has a much right to live on this planet as any human being. And this decision to jail and kill the dog, shows which of two species is truly humane.

2016-03-16 20:06

My dog has has had many interactions with teddy and he has been quite that, a teddy bear. Soppy as you like and a big tart for fuss and love off people and other dogs. It's totally unfair and outdated. The breed has nothing to do with aggression or biting, it's all down to how the dog is raised. Even a Labrador can turn nasty and dangerous if not brought up properly. #FREETEDDYNOW

2016-03-16 20:36

This is a disgrace. It lacks all common sense and is sickeningly cruel and unethical. WHERE IS THE MORAL COMPASS HERE?

2016-03-16 21:02

It's preposterous that a dog is being put to sleep because it may do something dangerous...if this is the premis shall we just put men away in prison for maybe being rapists or women away for maybe being child killers? Exactly, no!!!!

2016-03-16 21:11

Why should a dog be pts for no reason