Save teddy from being put down

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save teddy from being put down.

2016-03-17 20:56

No dog should be put down simply because of breed. I have a pitbull & he is the most loving dog I ever had..This is unfair..Please don't let fear override your decision..Meet him first..No record of any incidents..Why destroy a beautiful animal because of fear??

2016-03-17 21:39

No dog should be taken from his family and put to sleep simply because of his appearance. Breed-specific legislation needs to be changed and legislators and others need to be educated about the reality of dog temperment ; there are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

2016-03-17 21:54

BSL is a travesty of justice. It ignores science and decency. It has been shown time and time again not to work. The only thing BSL has ever succeeded in is tearing apart families, torturing and killing scared innocent dogs and emotionally devastating the innocent owners. Stop this sadistic evil now.

2016-03-18 00:36

Senseless and extremely cruel to take this pet away from his family. We have pits. They are the best dogs we have. Great with kids. Even if Teddy has pit in him, it is very obvious from the pictures that he loves his family, and that the little girl adores him. Send him home where he belongs.

2016-03-18 04:22

It is wrong to assume a dog is vicious because of it's breed.

2016-03-18 06:14

Because I love animals and am tired of stupid people making rash decisions!

2016-03-18 07:17

I signed as no dog should ever be put to sleep when they have never shown signs of being viscous

2016-03-18 08:55

Because its morally wrong to destroy a life because your face does not fit in society. Wrong breed nothing more, we have humans that murder and get to keep there lives.
This poor dog has done nothing but love unconditionally and now has been penalised because of his breed. I thought the human race had evolved enough to show some compassion.

2016-03-18 10:11

To save teddy

2016-03-18 17:01

I am signing this petition because no dog should have a bad reputation !!!! Not even pit bulls !!!! They are GREAT family dogs and wonderful with children.
I am sure the parents know that the dog will not hurt their little girl.
It is ridiculous that someone outside the family is making this decision without knowing anything about the dog or family.

2016-03-18 17:05

Please let comon sense prevail

2016-03-18 17:26

If the dog had viciously attacked someone, I would agree that he should be put down. But he seems to be a gentle family pet,
much loved by the family, and therefore removing him
from the family is unnecessary. Not all pitbulls are monsters!

2016-03-18 17:27

Because I do not believe in the needless slaughter of animals, or in busybodies telling us all how to live

2016-03-18 17:30

I signed this petition because I strongly believe that Teddy should be destroyed.
He is a family pet, loving and gentle and you can see this in his eyes from the picture of him with his owner in the local paper.
It is not his fault that he has been branded as a dangerous dog as I truly believe that it is not necessarily the breed, but the owner and they way the dogs are reared.
I do hope that people like me voting to save him, will save his life.

2016-03-18 17:37

Because their is no proof that this poor dog is a Pit Bull and the dog has done nothing at all wrong so therefore does not deserve to be killed.
kiesha

#1041 Re:

2016-03-18 17:38

#1: -  

i also have a american bulldog but the johsons bloodline has dog loves should no there are 2 different breeds of american bulldogs and teddy looks like my johnson bloodline one 

British & Proud

#1042 This is Bang Out Of Order - Bloody Jobsworth

2016-03-18 17:39

This is one of the most heart braking stories I have ever read, its 100%,disgraceful that a lovely, gentle Dog has been taken away from this lovely young family and their little girl when he has never harmed anyone in his entire life. It beggars belief that the authorities can be so cruel, yet we allow thousands of very dangerous foreign criminal human scum to stalk our streets daily because we are powerless under Human Rights clap trap to deport them back to their home nations.
What about the human rights of innocent people and in this instance this innocent Dog? Justice seems to work for criminals only in Britain, this once great nation that is now sadly slipping further and further down the toilet with each and every day that passes.

2016-03-18 17:40

Total injustice should not be allowed to put an innocent dog down

2016-03-18 17:45

"Teddy has been sentenced to death, not because of anything he has done, but because of the way he looks." This is how stupid laws can be...
Dotty

2016-03-18 17:46

You cannot be confident of any childs life with any dog of any breed, you cannot just go round killing dogs 'just in case' 60% of positive measurements could indicate even a small labrador being a 'pitbull' it is not definate enough and no dog should lose its life because of such a lose system, you don't go killing the disabled or kids with ADHD or all Alztheimers patients because some have become violent, which happens!

2016-03-18 17:47

Haven,t the police got better things to do than guess what breed a dog is, go catch some scum bag rapists or is that too hard

2016-03-18 17:51

the dog has not harmed anyone you can see he has a lovely soft nature

2016-03-18 17:52

The who sentenced the dog to death cannot be human.I will take the dog to my home if required.It could be done secretly.I am prepared to pick the dog up at a place known only to me and the owner and UP the judge.

2016-03-18 17:53

Because of the injustice of the court's decision which is not made on anything other than 'measurements'. Totally wrong when this dog is not guilty of any wrongdoing other than being alive!

2016-03-18 18:03

I signed this petition as I do not believe that BSL laws are reducing the number of dog bites and dog related incidents. All that it is achieving is putting down completely innocent dogs that have done absolutely nothing wrong just because they fit a certain criteria or type as specified by these ridiculous laws. Families are left devastated as their beloved family pets are being taken away from them and killed for no reason whatsoever. These laws do not deal with the cause of the problem....the irresponsible owners of SOME dogs.