Lower Price for a Parking Pass at Trinity Area High School

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Lower Price for a Parking Pass at Trinity Area High School.

2016-07-29 12:12

Over 500% increase in the price is incredible. Incredible.

2016-07-29 12:13

It's ridiculous that a school I went to and loved, is charging students $200 for a parking spot. It's absolutely absurd. It's stealing. These kids are supposed to save money for more important things than a parking spot at school. I hope the school thinks about what they are doing and becomes more honest with students and parents as to why this increase is happening.

2016-07-29 13:09

This is way too much just to park at the school. This is unjust and cruel to the students.

2016-07-29 13:40

But they pay over $4,600 PER home baseball game to rent a field!!!?

2016-07-29 13:46

I agree with the price being too high 

2016-07-29 13:57

In case the school tries to write parking off as a privilege, it's important to note that any student who works after school or participates in sports or other extracurriculars is virtually required to have the ability to park at school, especially if his/her parents work. It's incredibly unfair that the students showing the most ambition and responsibility are being forced to cover the costs of Trinity's unbalanced and irresponsible spending. 

2016-07-29 14:03

DEAR TRINITY HIGH SCHOOL: I signed this petition because Trinity High School is the greediest most money hungry school in western PA. The school board is corrupt and filled with us less people and the school is low enough to charge STUDENTS to use their parking lot because they will do anything they can to make a quick buck. Listen here Trinity, it costs you nothing for that parking lot, you never have to spend money of any sort on it because its a freaking PARKING LOT! And my message to the school board and or those in charge of making the decision to raise the parking pass rate due to "inflation" (which is the biggest load of bs I've ever heard): most of us students cannot afford to pay this ridiculous rate. Most of us have minimum wage jobs and are on a very tight budget because we are so young, not to mention we are looking ahead to college where we will be even more broke. Please Trinity, do not penalize the students by making them pay to park to make up for the poor and pathetic ways you throw your money away and sink in to debt even more. I know for many of you this is hard to underatand, after all most of you are big whigs that drive fancy cars and have make tons of money for whatever it is you do, and to you the rate of this parking pass is probably pocket change for you. But for most students that is a lot of money, and not money we just have laying around to spend on whatever. Although I attend Trinity I am ashamed to be part of a school that is so greedy and self centered. I feel like its just an act you pit on when you're "all for the students". The way I see it, its just a big money game. You can see on this petition by far I am not the only person that is enraged. So Trinity, this is your last chance with me. I am a senior, and my name is Michael Carrier. If I come to the school on August 11th yo pick up my parking pass and I am told to pay ANYTHING, I along with a large group of my peers with big mouths will immediately tarnish Trinity's name (for those who don't know already). I along with my parents will submit an editioral to the newspaper explain how greedy the school is. We will also alert local news stations because they love dirty laundry like this and will jump on it in an instant. The whole town will quickly see how greedy the school is and our name will go down the drain really quick, all because you are penalizing students for YOUR POOR MISTAKES. My father, mother, and any aunt or uncle I've had that ever attended Trinity never paid ANYTHING to park at the school, and that's the way it needs to be. Trinity, take responsibility for YOUR mistakes and think of other ways to get money, because taking it off students is about the lowest of the low, you dirty scoundrels.

Sincerely
Michael Carrier

I look forward to hearing from you Trinity :)

2016-07-29 14:41

I can't express how appalled I am at this sudden and unjustified price increase, but please keep in mind that threatening and making sweeping generalizations about administrators/schoolboard members is NOT the correct way to accomplish anything and will only cause them to dismiss us as immature children.

If you want our voices to be heard and respected, please make them respectable, instead of rambunctious, threatening, and disorganized shouts. 

#9 Re:

2016-07-29 14:51

#8: -  threatening and making sweeping generalizations about administrators/schoolboard members is NOT the correct way to accomplish anything and will only cause them to dismiss us as immature children...

This

2016-07-29 15:18

The upcoming seniors have been Trinity High School's "Guinea pigs," if you will, for so many different areas- FCS requirements, study skills classes, and even a change in faculty. The extensive increase in prices of parking passes should not be one more thing on the list of things we've endured at Trinity.    

In previous years, the average price of parking passes has been $25-$35. An increase to $200 is absurdly unjust. I understand that paving the pit will add more parking and utilize the space, however, that money should not be coming out of students' pockets. 

You can say that parking at the school is a priveledge, which, yes it is. However, it is a necessary priveledge. Atleast, 85% of my grade, the senior class, has part time jobs and after school activities. Without the ability to park at school, these options totally diminish for others whose parents work during the day, like myself. If I, or anyone else, cannot afford to pay the fee, they will have to cut down hits at their work and also miss out on their activities.

By making the price so high, it becomes unfair to some students. For example, my parents do not give me money for school related things, like field trips, registration fees, and parking passes. These things are my responsibility, as I have my own job and money. I know this scenario is not unknown to my fellow students. I am more priveledged than others, as I am fortunate enough to have a job where I work an average of 15 hours a week at a $10 an hour wage. To put it in perspective, I would have to work about 23 hours in order to pay for my parking pass. Now I know many others whose jobs pay range is between $7.25-$8.00. These students would have to work about 30 hours in order to pay for the parking pass. As young adults, we have other fees, like car insurance and gas money, and not to mention that college is quickly approaching, and spending 20 to 30 hours working for a parking pass is unjust.

I mean no disrespect or attitude to our administrators and those in charge of executive decisions, however, a price increase of that value is quite unfair. 

Thank you, 

Kelsey Reese

2016-07-29 16:08

Why should my son have to pay to park in a campus I pay for with my taxes. If they have to pay $200 is outrageous

2016-07-29 16:29

My son is at the age where he can finally know the joys of high school. One of the perks being in athletics is having your own vehicle to keep your stuff in. He has endured carrying his stuff through school, he has paid his dues it is time for him to enjoy but wait which one of us can afford $200 to park. Trinity all you have done is reduce the number of kids driving on school property now these kids will have to find other places and trust me they will. The neighborhoods to the high school will find it difficult to park their own cars. 

I can see increasing the price to $60 but $200 is way too much. 

2016-07-29 17:11

The cost of parking is absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing.

2016-07-29 17:19

I signed this petition because i absolutely agree that the price range for the tickets is too much and that they are definitely robbing us students for money.

2016-07-29 17:29

It's unrealistic to charge 200 dollars per student I only paid 30 and this was literally last year the school year 2015-2016

2016-07-29 18:49

This is just insane, I understand the school needs to have fundraisers, but making the students/parents suffer in this form is just uncalled for. Just shows the greed in this school!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

2016-07-29 19:36

Absolutely ridiculous! These kids are birdsong their busts at jobs plus going to school. These kids deserve more from their school then having to pay for parking. They already have to pay ridiculous fees for sports.

#18 I'm broke

2016-07-29 19:47

I'm broke - Mas

#19 Trinity parking fee

2016-07-29 19:58

i think that Trinity school district needs to get with reality.  They spend money like its water on stupid stuff and then have no money leftover for the really important things like educating our children. It is pretty sad when you give your classroom teachers a monthly spending budget of $35 to buy paper, pencils etc.....for their classrooms. You try to buy what you need for 100's of kids in a classroom for $35 a month. It doesn't happen. I just watched Newmans landscaping cut down a lot of good, green, healthy trees from Trinity west and now their getting ready to do some landscaping on a hill on the side of the property that's facing houses.......... I ask why????   Why did those good trees need cut down??????? Now you see stumps in the front lawn.  Pathetic!!!!!

2016-07-29 20:26

That's a crazy amount to ask for

2016-07-29 21:13

There is no logical reason for enormous increase like that! The parking spaces are the same old parking spaces they've always been. Nothing's been paved or ungraded. It's just an outright money grab!

2016-07-29 22:25

I understand everyone's outrage towards this topic and I completely agree that the jump in price is unacceptable and unfair, but I encourage you to make your points and make your arguments using verifiable facts and to avoid throwing accusations of greed or financial irresponsibility without citable examples or refutable explanations offered by the school. The way to win over support is not through reckless and unsupportable accusations, but by providing undeniable truths. Anything else makes Trinity students look like uneducated, entitled children who think they know what goes on behind the scenes at Trinity when in reality they have never had a conversation with a school board member, much less attended a meeting.  

The price increase is outrageous and is a problem that needs addressed, but this decision is insurmountable if we are not truthful, realistic, and respectful. 

Thank you,

A Fellow Senior

#23 Re:

2016-07-29 22:49

#7: -  

Nice mike!!

2016-07-29 23:24

My child has sports after school and she doesn't get home early enough on bus to make it back into school we live in country,

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-07-30 00:05