RESOLVED!!! Change in IDAS setup on Isuzu DMAX

RESOLVED!!! Change in IDAS setup on Isuzu DMAX / Announcements / Isuzu response / Comments

2021-11-09 02:47

The current software update to dumb down the system has little to no effect. I am seriously considering getting rid of my Dmax and will never buy another Isuzu. Isuzu needs to take more attention to concerns raised

2021-11-09 02:51

First of all thanks Brigham for all your work following through on this. It's disappointing that IUA are not more open to how these ute's are used in the real world. With 80,000ks on my SX Dual Cab I feel I can give 'real' feedback on what these ute's are like with everyday living. The IDAS system can definitely put you in harms way when lane assist becomes excited. On the 50N force for the ADR compliance. I challenge any IUA employee to hold 5kg of weight for more than a few minutes. I can list heaps of roads that apply this force for kilometres and generally speaking it is on roads that have one center line and are a bit narrow. Maybe a class action needs to be looked at from the angle of selling us vehicles that have to have the safety systems turned off to make them safe? Anyway, I'm happy with the ute but would love to be compensated to the time wasted turning of the so called safety systems. All ok for City driving but with country driving the slogan is definitely not 'go your own way'!!! Cheers. Stephen Taylor.

2021-11-09 04:43

Thanks for all your efforts. I agree this is not a guarantee that anything definitive will actually happen, it is only words. An escalation seems the only way to get them to address the issues and implement a retrospective fix. However I am not sure how to go about this and will be guided by you.

2021-11-09 06:36

Hi Brigham thanks for all your great work so far. Both myself and my father purchased an xterrain each. We are both sick of the camera and the not so easy functionality to disengage them every time you switch the engine off. My father is retired and does struggle to remember switching all the items off when he tows which makes it a pain in the backside. I agree that we should take this further and if that means taking it to senior management or consumer affairs. And like one of the last comments if they choose not to do a thing about it both myself and my father are considered selling the cars and will never go to Isuzu again. Thanks again

2021-11-09 06:46

If Isuzu Australia were truthful about out safety concerns, they would not be saying they genuinely appreciative our feed back. They would be installing a off button, and rectifying this problem. Keep up your good work with trying to make our D Max's a safer ute. Thanks Rob

2021-11-09 14:37

Hi Brigham

thanks for all your efforts. The response from Isuzu is an insult to our intelligence. It made me mad to read it, especially about how top notch the IDAS is. 
unfortunately a lot of Isuzu owners say it is our driving behaviour which is the problem. They must confine their driving to wide lane freeways and drive like grand fathers to not experience what we experience. 
The response from Isuzu is consistent with the response or lack of we receive from the dealers when reporting problems. 
I think I will be going my own way and get rid of my Isuzu in the near future as I don't see Isuzu making any changes. 

2021-11-11 20:02

Well, The new update dumbs down the system however it still very inaccurate and unsafe. Honestly the system is rubbish and I don’t like how the camera all in one works. Other manufacturers actually use different modules for different functions. My job is to re calibrate Adas system for a living and this vehicle is by far the worst I have encountered, and it’s my personal car. Software has just been released for this vehicle in my computer and I will attempt on having a go myself. So hopefully I can bring a solution to all of you.
Wallagoot

#8 Mazda is but IUA won't

2021-11-11 21:58

Please continue to push this barrow. I understand that Mazda are implementing a change (not sure of details) so why can't IUA do the same. I will be pestering my dealer at every opportunity to make this easier for their valued owners.

2021-11-26 06:52

Great work mate...you've made a big difference to all DMax owners lives. Well done to isuzu....proud

Paid advertising

We will advertise this petition to 3000 people.

Learn more...