NATCON PETITION

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition NATCON PETITION.

2014-02-05 18:15

I thought the government has a policy of job creation. If this new law will force me to lay down 18 people and each of them has dependants. Will Natcon provide new jobs for them as it will bring job losses. I paid for each of my exotic snakes it is my property and no one will take it from me.

2014-02-05 19:17

Jason van den Berg. Pretoria, Gauteng - Against the proposed Legislation

2014-02-05 19:49

(A permit referred to in
subsection (1), may be issued only after a prescribed assessment of risks and
potential impacts on bioversity is carried out)

You see somebody's going to make money out of it again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They'll never do anything if they are not going to gain something from it.......

2014-02-05 23:50

Pleas stop this senseless band on pet owners ship and hobbies. These bands are useless. It will stop us from being able to own a lot of wonderful creatures. And will not help save any of them. But if hobbyists keep breeding Captive Bred animals it can help to aid and repopulate most if not all. There's plenty in captive care now and no need the to take from the wild. So to stop hobbyists from continuing with there breeding and keeping will do more damage to all these animals.

2014-02-06 05:09

I Object to this, Why dont the government ban illegal immagrants, they are stealing and killing. The government cant even protect our Rhinos.
Our beloved pets dont do any harm.

2014-02-06 05:27

Reptiles especially bearded dragons are my life they helped me get better with my depression and I will always love them for being there for me!!!!!

Stop this insanity! !!

#82 Re:

2014-02-06 05:30

#79: -

I second that!!   Nicole van der Walt

Virgo Vixen

#83 Think It Over

2014-02-06 05:32

Doing this will upset and affect so many people in so many ways. We only strive to preserve what is being destroyed by humans. You can bring in as many bans as you want, as it will only make people more stubborn in keeping the hobby going. At least we who keep these amazing creatures do it to ensure that our future generations can actually see these creatures alive and not just read about them, as it is due to the selfishness and greediness of humans we have so many extinct animals, because they just did not care. For us who keep these creatures at least think ahead and care to make sure they are around for a very long time. And tell me you want to ban crickets, worms and so forth, so are you going to ban people from killing them to as we all know every day these insects gets killed, I mean there are even companies that exist to only exterminate them. So I suggest you think it over as clearly you did not.

2014-02-06 05:49

Why take our children? Some of us consider these animals as family! Is it because you are jealous as you do not have the knowledge or know how to take care of these animals yourselves? Our babies are staying right here.

2014-02-06 06:21

I do not agree with this at all!

2014-02-06 06:22

There are those of us that are NOT mill breeders and deeply care about our babies. Target the mill breeders those that do not care how they reproduce exotics and those that give these babies away misinforming people taking their money and then the poor baby dies because it was taken away from its Mom too soon. TARGET THOSE PEOPLE and not us.
chick18

#87 exotic babies

2014-02-06 06:26

I do not agree with this at all! And I will not let you take my baby twiggles from me. Even if I have to pay a fine I will still not let go of him! If they are born in captivity how do you expect to let them go?! They won't survive and you can't keep them in captivity if we can't! We look after our animals they have loving homes and loving families. So how can you expect to take them away from us?! I will fight for my babies till the very end!

2014-02-06 06:41

I personally think that is stupid, those animals are not a harm to humans and are loving, beautiful animals and it is only people who are scared and has nothing else to do who wants them gone and not in our countryI really think the new South Africa and this they want to bring in stinks

2014-02-06 06:46

I believe people should have the right to make their own choices, we are not here to harm or abuse the animals, but rather to raise awareness, protect and raise up these animals so that future generations wont only be looking at them in pictures due to extinction, but rather will be able to handle and care for them as well. If you don't want a snake don't buy a snake, simple as that, but don't punish everyone with dumb ass laws over the views of a few ignorant people.

2014-02-06 08:16

I do not agree with this at all! Is this a new "Racism" attack against white people in South Africa?
We all love and take special care for our pets. Stop this insanity!!!!!!!

2014-02-06 08:26

ppl are mad man
think again

#92 exotic pets

2014-02-06 08:40

Leave us alone with our exotic pets. We care for them and love them. I have name for all my exotic pets. They are like my children. So who are you guys to take away our pride and joy??? Focus more on those who mistreat, harm or kill animals. Why don't you rather work on crime and rape. Do your work right and leave those alone who care for animals. You let the people who do bad get away and then you want to pick on the people who do no harm. I think this is a really childish act.....

2014-02-06 08:48

Lack of knowledge is dangerous.

2014-02-06 08:50

Voorgestelde wetgewing is belaglik daar is beslis beter manier om strenger wetgewing in plek te kry. Doen net 'n bietjie moeite en luister na voorstelle.
Henk

#95 some more info...

2014-02-06 10:19

Details some people were requesting about the meeting: To avoid this problem attend the meeting on the 14th of February at the Voortrekker monument and let them know they are not going to bulldoze through stupid legislation. The proposed legislation is in its final draft for discussion. RSVP that you are going on or before the 7th of February to Boniswa.belot@gauteng.gov.za and Miranda.mhlongo@gauteng.gov.za. Its only a few hours ... from 09h00 to 13h00. lets not let them take our passion or life away

Regards Henk
Khulsnake

2014-02-06 12:56

Wow!!! ignorance is such bliss. It would be interesting to find out how they came to the drafting of these bills? It does not take a genius to see that the people that put this load of rubbish together are seriously misinformed and that they don't know good from bad. If you don't want people to know how ignorant or stupid you are with a particular subject matter, you would rather keep your head down and shut your mouth. have these people taken the time to consider what the economic repercussions of such a bill will be?

2014-02-06 13:17

Hulle wil dit seker slag en eet???????????

2014-02-06 13:42

They wane be rediculas now

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-06 14:15

Henk

2014-02-06 14:15

Just been into a few petshops and spoke to guys in charge. Great to hear that word even reached them so fast!! Keep up the signitures guys we're doing great.

Regards
Henk Bosch