NATCON PETITION

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition NATCON PETITION.

2014-02-04 15:13

Jake Ellis, Gauteng (Against the proposed Legislation)

2014-02-04 15:16

Keeping any inverts are our rights!

2014-02-04 15:36

Please do not legalize this proposedlegislation as we only want to care for the wonderfull animals God gave us and instructed us to! We have a strong passion and do not bother anybody with this hobby! This keeps us out of trouble!!

2014-02-04 15:45

This is STUPID in the least, most of us make a living in breeding and selling of these animals and inverts!!! I thought the Goverment was for job creation and not against it??? Some of us aren't as lucky as to get a Goverment paycheck, we have to work hard for our money!!! Why this new legislation??? What is the reason for this???

2014-02-04 15:47

We are here to raise, breed and protect these animal from extinction. Keep the animal around instead of human domination. Yes we love these animal, so please let we do what we love. Because the real treat is not us.

2014-02-04 16:26

What about the rare species or the species that doesn't have a habitat anymore if they prohibit feeder insects must we let our pets die out or what,what are they going to do with our love of the hobby release them where they belong or put them out.tiauw

2014-02-04 16:32

Hi there I just think its not right to make it illegal,then they must make all pets illegal coz I love tarantulas and scorpions just likE their children love their dogs or cats so I think its not fair!

2014-02-04 16:34

Hi there I just think its not right to make it illegal,then they must make all pets illegal coz I love tarantulas and scorpions just likE their children love their dogs or cats so I think its not fair!

2014-02-04 16:34

pet lover

#10 my pets

2014-02-04 16:36

2014-02-04 16:41

Thay cannot ban our lovely animals I have tarantulas and snakes and I love them to bits

2014-02-04 16:47

They can't do thiS !! Its not fair to the people who make a living out of selling these animals !!
pet lover

#13 exotic animals

2014-02-04 16:48

Why are you doing this I love all animals and I care for my animals properly and they are kept in secure environments so they can't escape into our south african habitat, this is what I am doing for a living so please don't do this and look how many people and animals will be effected, why try stop what we love and have a passion for. Please don't do this we are begging you please!

2014-02-04 16:54

I will never abanden my tarantulas they are like my family
Ashton

2014-02-04 16:55

Most of us make a living from breeding these animals , which we do not for the money but for the love and to prevent extinction .. Rather strengthen the law of native wild caught keeping than banning exotics. Our exotics aren't harming anyone or the local wild life. Man-kind is actually the cause of most of our world's problems , for eg the rhinos. Rather help us educate the public on these animals than to take them away from so many keepers who love them ....

2014-02-04 17:07

We love our reptiles taking them away is like taking a child from a parent... it might sound odd to someone who doesn't share our love for them but it doesn't mean you should take them away

2014-02-04 17:19

I think the South-African government really did not think this through..

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-04 17:21

2014-02-04 17:22

Another waste of tax payers money, by creating yet another unenforcable law. And what are we supposed to do with our pets if we are not allowed to feed them!

2014-02-04 17:24

Reptiles are my life I live for them taking them away from me makes my life just normal and boring...please dont do this to us...
FOX

#21 why...

2014-02-04 17:26

And what does the government think the people are going to do with all of their millions of roaches and crickets? Certainly we wont kil them off..

2014-02-04 17:27

There is no fluffies in this law even though there is no other animal in the world that has had such a negative impact on local life in all countries on all continents and islands than cats, yet they are legal! And alien!

2014-02-04 17:27

Ja dit sal help dat onskuldige diere onwettig aan gehou en mishandel word.Hou so aan en help die diere.

2014-02-04 17:30

Wonder what's more pressing........... People with absolute love for reptiles/arachnids, or idiots that can't keep themselves in and rape 7 month old babies and get away with it!! Get your priorities straight for a change and leave us alone with our special creatures that don't harm us!!!!!!!
think your not doing your jobs and your bored

#25 incorrect use of your power

2014-02-04 17:33

Are you people stupid... listen to me when I say that its pathetic that you are in charge. I dont agree with how things are going now and I definitely dont agree with banning those animals! How old are you people?? If your angry by this... good. At the moment.. nobody is registered as as breeder and laws are not strict on exotic animals.... thats your fault. Now you want to make a huge jump and go to the extremes... and jumping from no structure and rules.... to banning everything. Think you guys are smoking something and I can get a 10year old to make better decisions. The trade will forever be there! Taking away our right to own and care for an animal is f up. So begin by implementing reasonable laws to get rid of those people who mistreet the animals and gives owning animal a bad name and grant the people who love and respect the animals the right yo own them if they can care for them! Do the right thing.