Neighbors Against Windstream

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Neighbors Against Windstream.

2014-02-21 23:29

Everything is true and we are not the only one's with this problem as it is Country wide. AT&T customer's bought a Class Action suit against them and won. AT&T has to give back millions to their customer's and that will be the direction for all the Windstream customers need to get together and do the same.

Barry

#2 Bad service, Scam alert, stay far away if possible

2014-03-07 17:21

I have been a customer for 4 months and I have to say the customer service sucks, the actual service sucks... I am paying for the 3MB connection. The internet connection has been the worst ever. I pull faster speeds on my 4G network over a phone... My AVG download is about .30MB. Why am I paying for the 3MB connection if I cannot even pull 1mb?? I have also run a ping test on google.com. I have a decent percent of packet loss, which on a hard wire connection like this one, I should have 0% packet loss. I have plenty of evidence proving that this company is ripping me off. I am stuck with this mediocre company. I have done my research online and it looks like this company has a lot of bad rep. I have contacted this company almost every day since i have had there service to fix the the connection. I have had a tech out here two times now and even the tech acknowledged that there were connection problems. I heard him on the phone with whoever he reports to, telling them that they still have extremely bad connection problems here and he was sick of coming out to the apartments when there was nothing he could do about it. No one above him believes there is a problem. I have also contacted the apartment complex manager about this issue and he acknowledges there is a problem too. here is a link to an album of all my screen caps for my connection tests http://imgur.com/a/1g1Lv

2014-03-07 20:34

The service is terrible. The support help is un supportive. The reps lie and the Techs pretend to work on the service at location. This is why we need Time Warner Cable's Road Runner.

2014-03-07 22:26

I have latency issues every day. I can't get any help from windstream.
bayourebel

#5 Guest # 1

2014-03-07 22:43

A lawsuit would be great but I do believe it is in Windstreams Term of Service in fine print that you can sue them or have anyone sue them for you. If it was possible I would be all for it. We deserve to get what we pay for.

2014-03-08 05:40

The service is aweful and they received the fine and the fine money was given to some charity. What about all these people that have paid for this service and they were constantly being told it would be fixed and it still is not. REFUND THE MONEY
Joann

2014-04-10 20:08

Had some latency issues with Comcast, which caused some problems in my work from home job, so I switched to Windstream, because I was told that DSL is more reliable. Well, maybe MOST DSL is reliable, but definitely NOT Windstream. I lost my work from home job (full time with benefits) BECAUSE of the unbelievable latency issues. I called them several times, but nothing has been done to alleviate the problem. They said that the area is overgrown, and that they are moving some of the customers to another server, or something. Oh, by the way, I pay for 12 MB, but am lucky to get 2.  I am actually considering going back to Comcast...and anyone who has had them in the past, knows just how bad they can be, too.  Which is the lesser of 2 evils???

2014-04-11 17:09

I work from home with state of Georgia. I had to change to my moms house to work because Windstream does not work

2014-04-12 16:37

Windstream is the world's worst internet provider. We deserve better.

2014-06-29 04:58

I want what I pay for.
Very upset Lamestream customer

#11 Re: Windstream is terrible in my town too.

2014-07-08 02:59

#1: -

I thought Lamestream only stunk in my town in Southeastern New Mexico.  Looks like they stink everywhere, from what I am now reading.  In our town, their outdated copper pair wiring is about 80 years old, corroded, and spliced everywhere.  I have 3MBPS d/l and .64 U/L.  Even when I get that speed, I can see the jittery way their system feeds data.  I have had drastic speed variations, slowdowns, outages and a continual litany of lies, half-truths and outright combativeness on the part of lamestream techs.  I once (stupidly) TRIED to get 6MBPS speed and was told by their "tech support" (what a joke THAT is), that "according to engineering, my line won't support it".  Well hell no it won't because it is over 9500 feet of twisted-pair full of splices!!!!  Lamestream won't put in fibre like real phone companies do because it is milking their customers and screwing them with rotten service.  My only alternative in this small hick town is the cable company.  I sure hope lamestream loses all of it's DSL (DAMN SLOW LOSER) customers and all the revenue they are sucking out of this town.  I would certainly support a petition to my state's Public Service Commision to decertify them and force them to sell to another company at a big loss.  What a bunch of crooks.

2014-09-21 03:09

By far the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. It's hard to figure out if the service or the customer support is worse, but both are terrible. I wish I was not forced to use them at my current apartment complex.

2015-04-29 15:58

I am stuck with windstream and they are terrible ISP
Disgruntled NEW customer

#14 Ridiculously slow

2015-06-08 03:12

GARBAGE INTERNET SERVICE 

I have been with Windstream for a little over a month and I have had more than 5 outages and I am paying for 12mb and get an average of 5 to 6mb at the absolute most. There is and has been SEVERAL times (even during non peak times) I was only getting between 1mb and 2.5mb. I have made several phone calls to have this issue resolved. I have been told over and over that there is supposedly a team of techs who will be working on this issue in the area. The problem I have with this answer is....NOTHING IS HAPPENING! I have spoke with several other customers of this monopolizing company who are and have been fighting this exact see issue for YEARS!!!! This is ridiculous! I use to hate AT&T Uverse until I had this hamster wheel Internet service. Now...I am begging and pleading they bring service to our area!!

Disgruntled NEW customer

#15 Does this look like the 12 mbps I am paying for??

2015-06-08 03:31

I may not have gone to college, but I am pretty sure that doesn't say 12 Mbps for the download speed that I pay $70 a month for. Please...correct me if I am wrong. 

2015-07-19 00:58

After the BIG equipment upgrade, my internet speed is up to 3 Mbps from less than 1mbps... Still unacceptable!

2016-01-07 20:19

Problems with my internet

#18 paying 80 per month

2016-02-01 04:24

I have trouble with service its slow.  I opted to get their upgraded modem . still haven't ng trouble. Also have void trouble .their new modem has little support very confusing to set up. 

~~Brett

2016-02-07 05:00

Because it's simply shit. My download speed is a whopping 428.3 kbps!! REDICULOUS

Nick C.

#20 I am stuck with windsteeam

2016-03-06 16:28

I jave windstream because there is no other cable/internet providers in the area if Commerce,Ga. I am paying over 250$ for their service which is what I was paying in Florida for better cable and faster internet I think my doenload spead down  there was 30mbs I am extremely dissatisfied with this I xan not do anything online and not to mention the cable constantly drops.

2016-03-11 19:37

I am sick and tired of being lied to. My Internet acts up everytime my neighbor comes up here for a week. Everything slows down or disconnects. They tell me it's not him it my speed so I bumped it up a week.ago which in the middle of the night they cut my Internet off without even telling me they were going to do this. On the night when we were suppose to have those really bad storms and I had no access to radar.to keep an eye on it. Now today I have been without Internet since 1:45am this morning. Called it in got a ticket number and now they saying it is only my address that is affected yet Windstream has been flying up and down my road and several of the workers were spotted at.a.junction box close by..so now after 45 minutes on the phone they have to send a tech out but it won't be till tomorrow. What the heck. I am now paying for the higher speed internet and it still sucks. I had to take a day off from work today because I work from home and had to cancel my plans for tomorrow so I can be here when the tech comes..this is crap.

2016-06-27 13:26

Paying ENTIRELY too much for such poor service. No other providers available in our area. WINDSTREAM doesn't meet standards

2016-06-29 18:22

The internet we have is not useable. We have no options and we need a solution. We live in a larger development where we should be able to have high speed solution.

2016-07-03 12:54

I HAVE CONTACTED WINDSTREAM REGARDING MY PHONE SERVICE, I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN WITHOUT SERVICE SINCE 6/14/ IT IS NOW JULY 3, THIS IS DEFINATELY NOT ACCEPTABLE . CANNOT CALL ASI HAVE NO PHONE SERVICE, LAST CONTACT WAS ON FRIDAY AND WAS TOLD THE ISSURE SHOULD BE RESOLVED BY SATURDAY. NOT SO

2016-07-04 02:18

to get rid of them pieces of shit. I frigging hate windstream and their pathetic 3 meg in 2016 connection. BAN THEM IDIOITS