Rectify an unjust situation regarding the name of a boy in Quebec

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Rectify an unjust situation regarding the name of a boy in Quebec.

2014-06-12 17:06

It is ridiculous law!The government of Quebec should, must rethink this one,it doesn't have place in today's world. THEY MUST ALSO REMEMBER, THE LAWS ARE MADE BY PEOPLE AND THEY CAN BE CHANGED BY PEOPLE!

2014-06-13 17:26

Unbelievable! Must be rectified once and for all.

2014-06-15 19:42

I my self have different last name from my mother as with all other Bulgarians! This is ridiculous

2014-06-15 22:53

Nikoi ne moje da ogranichava svobodata na izbor na ime. Nezabavno public izvinenie ot strana na Quebec goverment Da se obedinim sresthy bezakonieto v Quebec.

#30 Re:

2014-06-16 02:18

#24: -

i am certain as she is  born in sofia , that her name - Dobrev - has been changed after the family's arrival in canada .

Oldtimer

#31 Wrong name

2014-06-25 10:17

Здравейте, пиша Ви от Виена. Явно навсякъде по света има дървени глави. Тук искаха да напишат в паспорта на жена ми, че е родена в град Iran, вместо в Tran(Трън), но вдигнахме голяма врява, ходихме при "най-големия" началник в общината, и след като той прочете правилно истинското име, после всички подчинен, които спореха с нас, изведнъж и те "прогледнаха".
Може би правят аналогия с Обама ...
Сигурно трябва да обясните на квебекските "дървени глави", че във всички славянски езици, всички думи завършващи на "а" (с изключение на "баща")са от женски род.
Желая Ви успех!
Поздрави
Кирил Генчев

2014-06-25 22:27

I strongly believe that a country as Canada has the most respectful and tolerant politic in terms of cultural diversity, and this is one of the reasons for many people to choose Canada for their home. Mistakes like this could be easily avoided just by making a little effort to change the rules for naming according to the culture background of the person named. Many countries ,including France have genders when they use names and adjectives, in Bulgarian instead of placing them in front we just change the ending. It won't be pleasant for any Canadian to be named offensively, exmp. To be called la instead of le, in Bulgaria only because we have different rules and you happened to have a baby there. This is a boy so please do not name it with a girl family name, only because the rules in French a different, it's just grammar after all.
KK

#33 Re: Re:

2014-07-07 12:28

#20: Emo - Re:

And you missed the point - he meant SURnames, not first names.

And I support the idea that Quebec has no place in meddling with people's wishes, especially when they are with the protection of the child in mind.