Petition against uranium mining in Kuusamo, Finland

nico

/ #33 eco extremism again, causing damage while "meaning well"

2012-10-18 15:53

I think people that think gold has no other use than "vanity" and that are oblivious to the FACT that there is no such thing as "a uranium mine" (it is ALWAYS a byproduct of mining other metals) should shut up and put their energy in curing their lack of education in stead of working for extremist propagandas. Nuclear power is the only power source actually NOT contributing to the climate issue...the carbon production from mining is offset multiple times by the lack of carbon/particulate production of nuclear plants....

The road to hell is paved with good intentions is a very fit saying for this kind of nonsense.....and "the cause justifies the means" is most likely used by people here that still propagate blatant lies to further their (extremist) ideology...

ALL you are actually accomplishing with this nonsense is aiding the fossil fuel industry, as everywhere where the anti-nuke jihadi get their way you see an ENOURMOUS rise in power generation with fossil fuel, as you can plainly see (if you are able to accept information which contradict your extremist doctrine) in denmark, germany (over 20 new fossil plants to be built), belgium (multiple new fossil plants to be built)...

Good intentions do not change the fact you people are AIDING in the destruction of our planet due to being VERY vocal, VERY oppiniated, whilest being VERY uneducated...

to finish I'll counter this propaganda (seriously, you people just traded the word "foreigner" for "nuclear" and sound just like rightwing extremists, and use the  same methods of people manipulation) with some cold hard facts, verifiable by anyone who wants to bother http://bravenewclimate.com/2012/05/06/carbon-offsetting-uranium-mines/

http://bravenewclimate.com/2009/04/05/carbon-footprint-of-the-olympic-dam-uranium-mine-expansion/

I'm sure this will be a useless effor, so I wish you the best of luck continuing your lobbying for the coal/gas/petrol industry