U-46 bring our librarians back full time!

Quoted post

Tired of the whining

#106 lots of demands

2011-02-14 19:40

The state is 16 million behind in paying.
The district has to make cuts. Full time
library paras are a luxury, not a necessity. There are lots of ways to get
the kids books and read to them. How about parents stepping in! What a NOVEL idea!
(No pun intended). Older siblings reading to younger ones? Parents/high schoolers, etc. starting reading groups at local libraries. Lots of options. Step up and do it!

Replies

Walking the walk

#107 Re: lots of demands

2011-02-14 20:29:35

#106: Tired of the whining - lots of demands 

Dear "Tired of Whining",

What a great idea...I put you in charge of organizing all of these wonderful plans. Go ahead and organize all of the parents who are working 2 jobs, the older siblings that are unable to obtain the resources they need to do their own work, get those reading groups started and any other great thought you may have! In the meantime a awesome space filled with wonderful resources and tons of books to spark students imaginations (paid for by your tax dollars), the public school library, sits dark every other week.

You can talk the talk...can you walk the walk?

#110 Re: lots of demands

2011-02-16 01:44:14

#106: Tired of the whining - lots of demands

Dear Tired of the whining,

U-46 is WAY more in dept than the 16 million the state owes yet they seem to have enough money to hire 5 administrators and hire a company to do this Destination 2015 nonsense just to tell them that 50% of first graders aren't reading at a first grade level and it should be fixed. Hello? Are you going to tell me that NONE of the administrators realized this and they had to pay a company to tell them?? They managed to find the funding for that.

Your ideas are not realistic for most people. I DO help in the library but I am extremely lucky to be able to stay home giving me the time to help unlike many parents who work full time. U-46 needs to live within the means of their budget just like every hardworking family does. Stop spending taxpayer money on nonsense and spend it on what's important to the education of our children!