Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

Quoted post

#272 STOP THE BICKERING

2012-01-19 18:27

WOW! Everyone is so well heated up about this subject, and its because it involves our kids. I have read through all of these comments and the bickering back and forth is ridiculous, some should be ashamed of themselves. This type of petty behavior is what got other school boards in trouble in this state, and it really needs to stop here. Understand that when you voted for what calender you preferred it was not the majority rules election. So why is everyone getting bent out of shape when the majorities didn't get what they wanted. Read what you voted for people. Everyone, myself included, needs to respect others opinions and realize we and our children are not the same. What works for one is not going to work for everyone, respect that. We all have to compromise and try to see this from all angles instead of just our own. I understand the parents that have children that do well with breaks and time to regroup but the other calender works for other children too. Yes the long vacation time for Christmas this year seemed a bit excessive but it worked in favor of many high school students that were able to work and earn extra money. But it may not have worked well for kids in the younger grades, but the kids aren't all one age.
Everyone is not going to be happy with whatever the outcome is, and do we really have to go through this each time we don't get what we want. Talk about wasting our tax dollars! By the time our kids are in school we should have taught them that we don't always get what we want but that compromise works in everyone's interest and to respect others opinion. As adults you should do what it is that we preach to our kids. Respect others opinions and compromise. Don't whine and kick your feet and shout at the top of your lungs when you don't get what you want, not everyone is going to get what they want, its just the way this old world works. And if you can't compromise and respect other peoples opinions then you may need to go back to grade school and learn the golden rules again.....

Replies

#285 Re: STOP THE BICKERING

2012-01-20 04:16:11

#272: - STOP THE BICKERING 

Thank you for this post!  It is so true.