Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!! .

ephraim Torres

#126 wag baguhin!

2010-10-28 06:39

wag baguhin!
Halinaw

2010-10-28 08:05

save nu 107!
David Singson

#128 STICK TO YOUR ROOTS!

2010-10-28 08:06

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STICK TO NU107'S ROOTS, THAT IS ROCK MUSIC!!!
Romina Mislang

2010-10-28 08:26

C'mon, there already are many stations devoted to mainstream pop programs. We are sorely lacking in variety in popular media. what NU107 has been doing is nothing short of propagating our culture with their support of a less mainstream kind of music and providing a means for fans and music lovers in general to be able to listen to this kind of music.

don't take down NU's current format. That'd be one more reason for me to not tune in to the radio
Tom Araya

#130 NU 107 the best rock station!!!

2010-10-28 08:29

This is the only radio station i always listening to.mula pa ng nagsimula NU dito na ko nakikinig.nawala na lahat ng rock station but still NU is still there.kaya nakakalungkot kung mawawala pa NU.pano na ang rock scene dito sa pinas....palibhasa karamihan ng pinoy puro baduy kundi justine bieber puro music ng mga walang kwentang koreano.....pleas let's save NU 107 so that we are still the "HOME OF NU ROCK"let's keep on rockin'!!!!
Anthony Garcia

#131 save NU

2010-10-28 08:42

let us keep the rock music alive!!!!save NU 107!!!!!say no to korean sh_t music!!!!
raoh

2010-10-28 08:54

NU still plays rock?

That's news to me.
BOGART THE EXPLORER

#133 ROCK WILL LIVE ON!

2010-10-28 09:31

YEAH!!!
Author

#134 To the nu107 haters

2010-10-28 09:48

You cannot please everyone. And having as many nu107 haters is just as normal as having many nu107 loyalists.

I have seen the many changes in its format since the early 90s. When someone says their current format sucks, well, all I can say is, what if you were in the management's shoes? Making the segues appeal to the a audience but at the same time balance the liking of the rock audience is one difficult task.

To name a few non-rock artists that NU brought up from obscurity to the surface: AMY WINEHOUSE, OUTKAST (before Rainier Castillo did those silly dance grooves on starstruck), EMINEM (My Name is), THE CARDIGANS (Love Fool), but NU also did a fine job of exposing true talent from the underground both locally and from the foreign scene. URBANDUB, PAROKYA NI EDGAR, WOLFGANG, RAZORBACK, CHEESE, GREYHOUNDZ, SLAPSHOCK, couldn't have made it huge if not for NU. And from foreign soil, you have a myriad of artists that were virtually unknown that they made popular like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, then later on Limp Bizkit (way back when they weren't famous), Korn, then much later the new breed of "pop punk" (what a term).

Broad and prolific as it is, NU was the hero of balanced "rock programming" in my opinion. If you have a thirst for new sounds but still want to stick to your roots rock, NU is the station for you.

Damn I don't wanna see NU playing Justin Bieber soon.
birador

#138 Re: Nu no more

2010-10-28 11:25

#76: homeofnewPOP - Nu no more

tanginang toh, pa-english english pa eh iskwater din naman ang pag-uugali.

una, wala ng LA brad AT hindi naman yun yung isyu dito. nagbabasa ka ba ng description? tapos nag-plug ka pa ng ibang istasyon ng radyo? di ka rin bastos noh? tsaka fyi dude, hindi lang naman puro pang mushy rock type ang pinatutugtog sa NU. alam mo ba yung ibig sabihin ng segments? ikaw na rin ang nagsabi, kulang pa ang "in the raw" para maere lahat ng underground rock dito sa pinas ..so papaano pa kaya pag nawala na ang NU? isipin mo nga.. ^^

#139 Re: Re: Nu no more

2010-10-28 11:32

#138: birador - Re: Nu no more

ikaw ang bobo boy. dami mo satsat bumyahe ka nalang ng jip mo wag mo na pilitin intindihin ang sinabing english dmo naman nakuha sabi nya. sige na pakarga ka na at byumahe ka. twalya mo ha.

birador

#141 Re: Re: Re: Nu no more

2010-10-28 11:57

#139: Guest - Re: Re: Nu no more

haha!? thrashtalk nalang ba? asa na punto mo dun? isa akong drayber? sheshh.. immature ka pa pre, di ako dapat ang kinakausap mo. alam mo kung ano dapat? elementary chong.. elementary.  :D yun baka mapaikot mo pa ulo. :D

tsaka alam mo, yung pag-i-english? yun na ba pangsukat mo nang panguunawa at katalinuhan ng tao??

ang labnaw mo pre.. sobra!!  pero sige, i value your english na, BUT not your attitude.

di naman kasi obvious na iisa lang kayo nyang spammer at hater eh.. hindi talaga. pramis ^^

anlayo mo kasi eh.. baka pwedeng read the description muna then review your post. asan ka ba dun?

eto ka oh  ...!...

jonathan castro

#142 1/2....

2010-10-28 12:02

1/2 of my life is music.the doors that opened and serve my appetite for my music is DWNU FM 107.5.So any Fucking Forces in this planet that will attempt to closed or reformat in anyhow my only doors to my music,,,accept the CURSED of BADULLA,,,and DIE...
birador

#143 birador

2010-10-28 12:13

well, good thing about NU is meron silang magagandang segments AT di lang yun, educational pa. san ka pa diba? hindi ko naman sinasabing walang kwenta ibang istasyon ng radyo pero kung ikukumpara ang NU sa parte ng mundo, masasabi kong sya ang tubig. bilang nalang sila na pampatawid ng uhaw ko. kaya nga kung mawawala yun, marami ring mauuhaw. may sense ba? sobrang inaantok na kasi ako. basta yun.. dapat LONG LIVE NU!!
Jasteen Calmante

#144 Save NU107!

2010-10-28 12:22

the only rock station that brings annual rock awards, how sad that someone told to me that NU107 closing its door... since third year high school when i start listening to this station and 5 time rock awards attendee including this year when i was luckily winner rock award invites in live acceess.. Long live NU107, Rock is not dead... kris dancels line when fatal posporos receives their in the raw award...
norson Santiago

#145 save n.u 107

2010-10-28 14:33

the rock scene will die! so save our n.u 107
engine_no9

#146 probably the worst news in the past 3 decades of my life

2010-10-28 15:32

the worst.period.
andrei

#147 save nu107!

2010-10-28 17:30

malaking kawalan ang NU107 sa music scene!
mikel

#148 NU pa rin!

2010-10-28 17:33

nu107 lang ang station na pinapakinggan ko! yeah tama ang lahat. rock scene will definitely die pag wala na ang nu..pano na ang mga future na musikero?! tsktsk
jennifer manalastas

#149 different preference

2010-10-28 17:54

Big business thrive on competition. Music is both.business & art. Knowing very well how many stations cater to mainstream pop, by being just one of the many stations, more effort will have to be exerted. At what expense? And for what goal?
People who listen to other kinds of music will be faced with a dilemma: to abandon rock music or to just turn off their radioes, & listen to their mp3s. This will encourage piracy. Not if we can help it.
Please reconsider. NU107 wouldn't have survived this long had there been no listeners to start with.
Thanks. Long live NU107!
Ella Chua

#150 My Radio Station

2010-10-28 20:25

This is the only radio station I listen to when I'm in the car, since I don't usually plug in my ipod or anything. Please save NU107.