Saving CYTO

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Saving CYTO.

2011-03-16 20:19

Save it!
Emily Tierney

#102 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-16 20:58

Kirsti Muir

#103 SAVE CYTO

2011-03-16 21:18

please sign this petition to save an organisation that has helped so many people for so long. It would be awful to see CYTO closed down.
joseph clowser

2011-03-16 22:13

this place is a diamond - lets not loose it!

2011-03-16 22:13

q

#106 CYTO

2011-03-16 22:32

For once KEEP something that works, don't damage our young people further.. With so many cuts life becomes purely about damage limitation and that is no way to exist. Thank you
Chris Berry

#107 Save CYTO!

2011-03-16 22:35

Save a crucial resource for the youth of Croydon. Cutting Croydon Youth Theatre Organisation is a criminal mistake. You get so much for so little money it would be sheer madness to lose it! Sign up and shout loud!
Nicola-Amy Thomas

#108 CYTO !!!

2011-03-16 22:45

If You Were To Close Down CYTO That Means I Will Bored Have Nothing To Do Put On Weight Not Being Happy Again Over The Last 7 Months That I have With CYTO There Has A Big Change In My School Work And I Have Met So Much Great People My Confidence Has Improved I Have Done Things That I would Not Dare To Do To Shut A Pace Down After 47 Years Of GOOOD Work Will BE THE MOST DEVASTATING Thing Known To Croydon You Are SHUTTING DOWN 47 Years Of History Down. Do You Feel That This Not Right Don't You Believe That CYTO Is Worth Shutting Down? If So Then What Will Happen To The Members?

Don't You Think That Children Will Be On The Streets Making People Feeling Scared?
CYTO Is Any Young Talented Performers Dream Place 2 Be It Is A Cheaper Than James Allen School Of Dance Brit Kids Which Attended And My Mother Told Me That CYTO Is Better Than Brit Kids And Cheaper! What Harm Is It To Fund Us?

Think Of How You Would Feel If Something So Close To Your Heart Was To Be Taken Away From You After 47 Years Of Having This Object; This Object Brought You Happiness Joy Love Support ?
I Don't Think It Is Fair On HUNDREDS Of Children Should Suffer Because Of The Council !
I Stress That Parents CAN NOT AFFORD For Their Kids Go Some Where Else To Pursue Their Dreams OF Being A Singer A Dancer An Actor/Actress To Work The Behind Scene Of Big T.V Shows!
If Leave CYTO Alone And Don't Shut It Down CROYDON COUNCIL WILL NOT I PROMISE YOU REGRET IT !

Thanks For Time.

Nicola-Amy Thomas

2011-03-16 22:50

SAVE CYTO!!!!!
Lizi Bartram

#110 CYTO

2011-03-16 23:16

Cyto has be a massive part of so many peoples lives, i have been a member form the age of 12 and 8 years on i am still there! there is a reason for this! it is a place where young people go, not only to learn and grow new skill but a place where they go to feel safe, to have a home, friends and tutors they trust and love, to be around people they know will be there and support them through any trouble they are having. a warm, beautiful place full of inspiring people who care, care about the arts, freedom, giving young people a voice, but most of all people who care about the youth, and there are very little places like this now-why take it away?
if you have something in life that makes 100s of young people happy, accepted, feel like that can do anything they want in life and choose the right path, something that gives young and old people hope, passion, joy, love, laughter and life, is it not something that we as a community should celebrate and praise, something that we should strive to promote and improve more and more every year? instead you try and shut us down, or push us so far away from what cyto is and stands for that it is impossible for us to stay open, it is so wrong and saddens me deeply.
cyto has helped the youth of croydon more than anyone who isnt or hasnt been a member or tutor could ever understand, it has enabled the youth to have belief that no matter how hard life gets or whatever crap gets thrown at you, there are always people there to help, there is always hope, and this is at cyto. cyto has taken the youth on tour, to different countries, and if it wasnt for cyto so many of its members would have never been on holiday, on a plane or even seen the sea, hard to believe? well thats just a glimps of the beauty that you will be shutting down.

i am so passionate about cyto as it has done all the above and more for me, if it wasnt for cyto i wouldnt have finnished all my education and have a very bright and successful future ahead of me, and i could never fully put down in words how i feel about this wonderful place and what a disaster it would ne if Croydon Council where to change it or shut it down.
i can only hope that this and all our messages get through to some one in the council who has a brain and a heart, some one who understands and can see the rare good there is in croydon, some one who can see what a dimond CYTO really is.
reuben laffan

#111 cutting funding of arts

2011-03-16 23:46

as a young person in music i have attended music youth projects and they have stopped me from lingering the streets at night and believe they are a essentail part in our society.
Jesse Laffan

#112 Government funding cuts.

2011-03-16 23:49

Personally I think it's atrocious that the tory government would cut the funding of something so clearly vital to a local community. This project gives young people positivity in a difficult area, it would be easy to list the benefits but I think we should beware the negatives of cutting something so important.
Bobby Hirston

#113 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-17 00:01

#114 Re: CYTO

2011-03-17 02:44

Orlando Brooke

#115 SAVE CYTO!!

2011-03-17 12:54

I have taught stage combat at CYTO for 6 years and been involved with numerous productions - the enthusiasm and passion that everyone shows at CYTO is incredible, and the talent that is nurtured is very strong. This is a youth theatre brimming with positivity and is a rock within the community in South London, giving a lot of young people a great place to learn and hone their skills which they can then share within the community.
Steve Martin

#116 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-18 14:43

#4: sean mclevy - saving the croydon youth theatre 

Youth theatre is a great form of discipline and a way for people to express themselves on different subjects

Julie Freeman

#117 SAVE CYTO

2011-03-18 16:07

After visiting Cyto I was inspired by it's young people. Please don't destroy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom

#118 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-18 18:17

#119 Keep Commenting

2011-03-19 00:22

Hi People, the Petition site has changed its view slightly - all Facebook direct entries appear first but you can still add non-facebook messages, click on the link "View disscussion for non-facebook users" to see them. Keep adding them and keep signing. Hxx

And thank you for all your comments, It's awesome.
Pascale le Jeune

#120 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-19 21:31

jamie hall

#121 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-20 16:59

#122 Re: saving the croydon youth theatre

2011-03-20 20:39

#123 Support From Our MP

2011-03-24 21:01

Croydon Youth Theatre Organisation.

Thank you for your recent email and expression of support regarding CYTO. The council has taken a paprer to Cabinet whcih sstates its continuing support for CYTO, which it values as part of youth provision in the borough.

I hope this reassures you that the council will continue to support CYTO as it previously did.

Regards
Gavin Barwell MP.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-03-25 22:45

2011-03-28 23:00

it makes me to give energy and keeo fit always.