Save Newmarket Stables, Durban

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Newmarket Stables, Durban.

2015-08-10 06:52

I've only been to the stables a few times, but it hosts a beautiful laid back market, with live music, I enjoy the atmosphere there, and I wouldn't like our stupid municipality you close it down

2015-08-10 17:48

Niepozwole na zabijanie koni

2015-08-10 18:35

Simply because I love animals.

2015-08-10 22:04

No horse should be put down or taken away

2015-08-11 05:57

LAST equestrian centre vs MANY MANY MANY soccer facilities - please eThekwini - just don't do this to our sport!

2015-08-11 11:30

Ne vous inquiétait pas votre centre ne doit pas fermer les chevaux et la plus belle chose que le monde nous ai donner.

Alors ne la gaspillon pas!!!

J'en parlerais au plus de personne que je connais

2015-08-11 14:20

The stables are worth svaing

2015-08-12 08:05

because i am very passionate about horses as well as the equestrian community. If the Newmarket stables are forced to be shut down many people. Or should i say children will be devastated, Not to mention the horses lives that are at stake. If the stables close down the horses go down with it and they will never be able to grow and further bring joy to the people of the community. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think of what is at stake.

2015-08-12 08:08

The stables have been there creating glorious memories for many years. It is not worth destroying. More harm than good will come out of the demolishion.

2015-08-12 09:11

Horses Dont deserve to be put to sleep for no reason they should only be put to sleep if it is a serious injury on there leg and hoof!

2015-08-12 09:24

An Equestrian centre that I had spent 12 years of my life with closed down recently to the managers health. I had learnt to ride there, loaned my first horse there, won my first competitions there, bought and owned my first horse there and got me on the roads to hopefully joining the British Team. I was heartbroken when it was taken away (although I am still happy and working now) I do not want other people who have no where else near/anywhere to ride to be left with nothing and this crushing feeling that all their wonderful horses, have been put to a fate that they didn't deserve.

2015-08-12 09:29

The history of the stables and generations of horsemen and horsewoman it has produced not to mention our wonderful police horses. Change and progress should alway bear in mind the greater good and I simply do not think that the full potential of the stables has yet been reach and or acknowledged by destroyers. Greed seems always to raise its ugly head and in this case to destroy a heritage and an amazing green lung in the centre of a city. Look at creating more with what is there and so wonderful to so many rather than taking away.
Come on Durban City use your brains.... Leave Newmarket stables and its heritage... Build on this legacy don't take it away!!!!!

2015-08-12 13:42

For what they want to close the stables ? soccer ? we have so many ground not used, we are tax payer for what ? the petrol and food prices are rising but got money for soccer ground. a load off bull shit

2015-08-12 13:53

I have 3 horses myself at home and this breaks my heart to see that they want to get rid of this stables that have these beautiful creatures housed in.

2015-08-13 07:18

Be careful whose toes you step on today because they may well be connected to the horses hoof that kicks your a$$ tomorrow. Oh how the mighty will fall ... these power hungry egotistical people forget that they are public servants and that the tax payers pay their salaries. When you stop listening to the people you wil stop getting votes! Speaking to some lower income people at work over the last few weeks about this, their question is : Why none of the ANC promises for better education, housing, medical etc for ALL is evident yet the government has millions to spend on 88 chosen ones and in the process many people lose their employment. Doesn't make any sense at all and I have encouraged them to think before they vote these parasites back into power. Corrupt officials ... promises are empty, their swiss bank accounts are full ... 

2015-08-13 16:16

Because I truly feel the Newmarket Stables need to be saved .

2015-08-15 06:05

Many children have learned to ride at New Market Stables. It is a wonderful facility where children learn to love animals in a safe and happy environment. Tight next door is the Absa Stadium, This could be used as a soccer facility. Some of my happiest years were riding my horse Red Sailor and making life long friends at New Market Stables. A historical site of this magnitude should not be demolished.
Zahz

2015-08-21 04:23

We spent billions on a soccer stadium that has absolutely no use. There's many other grounds to build on. Ridiculous!!!!!

2015-08-22 20:38

There are enough sport fields. animals have rights too.

2015-09-03 14:02

there  are already so many facilities that can serve the soccer playing community, even on professional levels! Right in Durban ! 

What about the horse lovers of that big city? There are so many who cannot afford to travel to the expensive riding facilities out of town!

This particular place and where it is situated is a live saver for many, who otherwise would end up in drugs and other nonsense. (As I am a walking testemony to that!)

Horses have something. Thats why they are used for therapy. For the physically challenged, but also for the emotionally crippled.

If this place is torn down, not just is a heritage site lost, but many people, young and older, would be robbed of something that brought life to them: their weekly (sometimes daily) trips to spend time with those magnificent animals to switch of from stress and  preassures of all kind.

We would be robbed of a place, where there is happy and safe fellowship for  our children under trustworthy adult supervision, learning lifeskills while having fun.  Since when does the government tare down well functioning , already existing and well organized   community recreational centers? Considering it costs millions of Rands to set up something like this which the government boasts about of doing for the peoples of this country to keep  crime down . It just does not make sense!!!  

Not all people recharge their batteries with playing or watching soccer!

Can you not please give those horse people also some space???

There is lots that is done for soccer and Durban can accomodate the soccer academy surely somewhere else.

But for the Durban horse folk there is nothing else.  This place was built for horses and horse lovers 100 years ago. Can you please respect that and dont push them out!

Sabine

2015-09-04 14:26

the horses benefit the community better. BAFANA there are enough soccer fields

2015-09-12 17:56

Because of all the good work they do and have done for so many years. Build your academy else where.

2015-09-21 08:45

Please eThekwini help us to ensure that equestrian sport continues to have a place in the Durban Central area. 

2015-09-22 17:14

I am a rider at New Market Stables , the horses are my family . The Stables has been my second home for nearly 3 years. I'm not giving it up without a fight.

2016-02-05 10:33

Newmarket stables are a part of Durban's history and heritage and add a wonderful dimension to the city