Save Tater The Service Dog.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Tater The Service Dog..

2015-09-10 13:56

A 16 to should not be making decision to end a living beings life for any reason .. Shame on her parents and shame on the facility considering carrying this murder out ...

2015-09-10 14:00

I FEEL THAT HIS AGE IS THE REASON & THAT SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO IT. GIVE HIM BACK TO THE RESCUE

2015-09-10 14:01

Because tater does not whats going with him and needs the right people to help lets please save tater

2015-09-10 14:04

Tater has the right to live his life out with a loving family who treats him with the respect he deserves, and not thrown to the side for a new toy to play with.

2015-09-10 14:05

Tater has done NOTHING wrong. He doesn't deserve to die. His current owners should be banned from owning animals!!
PleaseSaveTater

#56 Re:

2015-09-10 14:10

#24: -  

Please understand the maker of the petition has very limited time to save Tater and was most likey just trying to make a fast point.  Tater's clock is ticking and the rescue, who originally adopted Tater out, has contacted this family and they are ignoring them.  The child has been contacted through her Facebook by friends, former trainers, and even rescue groups and she has ignored and blocked them all.  The child, just as much as her family, are responsible for what is going to happen to Tater if the rescue doesn't get him back.  Also there is no solid proof at all that Tater has any behavioral issues.  She has done gofundme accounts with Tater, for his training and a special harness, which she got a total of 2,350 dollars from.  She also has another dog, that is a puppy, that they have just said has arthritis and will most likely do a gofund me acount for later, as supposedly the puppy will need surgery.  She also wants a new puppy, one that will cost 1,000-2,500 dollars, and was told by her parents that she had to get ride of one of the dogs they had now, this is apparently her answer to that and her family supports her decision to euthanasia.  I am just putting out all the facts I have seen so far and letting you know.  Tater doesn't seem to have behavioral issues, and there seems to be a lot of lies from the whole family.

2015-09-10 14:17

Because Tater does not deserve to die without having the chance to be properly evaluated and rehabilitated. All of his "issues" based on the word of a minor.

2015-09-10 14:18

rescue has first right to reclaim this dog
PleaseSaveTater

#59 Re: Re:

2015-09-10 14:20

#30: - Re:  

Except they, the whole family, are not in contact with the rescue, they are ignoring the rescue after the rescue was made aware of the situation and tried contacting them.  The family didn't even contact the rescue prior to the decision they made, it was through another Facebook page and a lot of caring people who made the rescue aware of the problem.  Tater needs saved and as of right now he is not safe.

PleaseSaveTater

#60 Re:

2015-09-10 14:23

#37: -  

Actually her parents told her if she wanted another dog one of the ones they have now has to go.  This is the child's answer and her family is supporting her.  It is sickening the vet would go through with it and even allows such owners to have animals.  Please share this petition and help save Tater.

2015-09-10 14:25

Please don't euthanize tater, give him a chance.

2015-09-10 14:28

I believe Tater needs a chance if he would have a better home, someone that actually loved him & not wanting to give up...

2015-09-10 14:33

No dog should be put down due to human stupidity. He's a service dog, so something is wrong with the people who own him. He should be removed and retested to see if there is a problem. I was under the assumption that he was to go back to the rescue group that he came from. That is what needs to happen.
PleaseSaveTater

#64 Re: Re: Re: thank you

2015-09-10 14:39

#48: jane - Re: Re: thank you  

Actually it's not a lie and there are many screen shots of all the lies told by the family about Tater.  He is not vicious and people want to save him.  In fact many professionals, who will write off any responsibility of the family, have reached out to Tater's family to take him and find him a suitable home.  They were all blocked and banned from the Facebook pages of the owners.  Why?  If they were all willing to help save Tater, why if not for selfish reasons, would the child ignore all this help and support for Tater?  Why would she and her family decided to just put him down?  They have provided no proof of his aggression, nor did they contact the rescue they adopted him from before making this decision.  No, the rescue found out through another Facebook page, and countless messages from all the people who love and care about Tater, and see the lies in this child's story and her family's about Tater.  She wants a new puppy, doesn't matter she has an older puppy at home already, who amazingly now has arthritis at 7 months of age.  She will do a gofund me account later, just like she has with Tater, to get money for the surgery for this puppy, who most likely doesn't need surgery at all.  The money will most likely buy her new puppy, who she said will cost between 1,000 and 2,500 dollars.  So, yes, Tater is being put to sleep because this child wants a new puppy.  All their lies and the facts point to this answer.  Now please share this petition to help save Tater.

2015-09-10 14:41

16 year olds should NEVER be allowed to make a decision of this magnitude.

2015-09-10 14:51

The Midwest animal rescue want him back but the "owner" & her parents refuse to contact them. I wonder why...come on media outlets..something is NOT adding up here and a animals life is at stake based on the whim of a child!

2015-09-10 14:52

16 year old cant even make her own decisions much less another living thing. maybe its not the trainer maybe shes the abuser. point is simple........

2015-09-10 14:57

Cuz I am a dog lover!!!

2015-09-10 14:59

Because this dog does NOT deserve to be put down! If there is anyone out there that can save him please do!

2015-09-10 15:00

I think Tater should be returned back to the rescue. it sounds like this girl just wants another dog and it's not fair to tater.

2015-09-10 15:01

I think this dog is being mistreated by the people who currently have him. There have been several people with great reputations with animals who have offered to take him. I don't. for a minute, believe that a trainer caused him to be fearful and bite and I believe the Child who owns him is scamming for some unknown reason. Please save this dog and allow some reputable people take him and determine his ability to be rehabilitated, if that is what he needs. Do not kill him.

2015-09-10 15:06

To many different stories going around and the rescue should get Tater back and they should determine a course of action.

2015-09-10 15:07

Tater deserves a chance at living a normal life. We owe him a shot! Also, pending on a full evaluation, maybe it's best to remove pets from this home. Maybe Amaya needs sometime to focus on her and not the fur-babies. This is not am accusation. Simply a recommendation.

Taters owners are lying about why they want to put him to sleep. Daughter 16 is boted with him and wants a new dog frim a breeder. He was adopted from a rescue and contractually bound to return the dog to them but is ignoring this clause and has taken Tater Tots page down. Please sign this is SO WRONG!!!

To help save Tater