SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

Chelseagirl

#276 Sheeplands

2014-02-01 11:49

I regularly visit Sheeplands, often with adults with special needs. We are always made very welcome in fact nothing is too much trouble for the friendly staff. There is nowhere else in the area which offers such a diverse range of things to look at and do. We all love the animals and the farm shop. In the Summer it is wonderful to sit safely outside in the sunshine and have the space to walk about enjoying the surroundings. The council should be working with Sheeplands and properly representing the views of local people, not trying to score points and close down a wonderful enterprise.

2014-02-01 12:25

Good Luck with the appeal

2014-02-01 16:14

What a terrible loss to the area should we lose
Sheeplands garden centre, children would lose such a wonderful place especially as there is no other facility like it in the area

2014-02-01 16:30

Excellent service not available anywgere else within a 10 mile radius

2014-02-01 16:32

Friendly helpful staff. Excellent quality food too.

2014-02-01 16:38

I have supported Hare Hatch right from the early days and think this is a valuable resource for the area.
If it is forced to close I feel Wokingham Council will find a way of using this site for something less suitable.
Who owns the site that Wyvale Garden Centre is on just over the road, are they also going to be forced to close. Keep hare hatch open think of the local residents and their preferred requirements. Think of the loss to local charities, think of the number of people that will become unemployed. WDC how much money have you wasted on this?

WDC you are a disgrace.

2014-02-01 16:55

This is a disgraceful action by WDC, it may be green belt but the activities on it are acceptable and far better than the derelict site it was, Locals support hare hatch and if like myself, have done so for many many years. Why try to force a business to close that is a local employer giving many people a chance to work, they support local charities more than some other businesses.What about Wyvale over the road are they being hounded like Hare Hatch, Use some common sense WDC and spend your ( ours the tax payers) money to better use,you are cutting back on services that are needed use the monery there.
Karazor

2014-02-01 16:58

If you close this independent garden centre we will be left with only Wyvales and Country Gardens which are both the same firm. Independent garden centres are needed to give these large nationals some competition. On another note, what are Wokingham Council planning to use the site for. Will it be left derelict and turn back into an eyesore.

2014-02-01 17:13

Our government representatives should be encouraging local enterprises that provide such a valuable service to the local community and stop kowtowing to the big multinationals. We shop at Sheeplands because it gives us the variety and value for money that the multiples do not. Save Sheeplands Garden Centre!

2014-02-02 10:38

It will be a sad loss to the community and loyal customers of Sheeplands if they are forced to close. We would like to think that after all this time there is still room for negotiation with Wokingham Council to enable this popular local business to continue.
sandie

#286 Sheeplands

2014-02-02 14:35

As Ruscombe residents we regularily WALK to Sheeplands to get our fresh meat; fruit and vegetables and also meet up with friends from Henley and Reading for tea and cakes.Since Jennings the butcher closed in Twyford it is also the only place to buy fresh, traceable, locally butchered meat - far superior to any supermarket's offerings. We have also purchased flooring from the Floorstore - another valuable asset to the village. It has added value to the local community and the shops there add to, rather than conflict with, the central village offerings (Indian takeaways; estate agents; dentists and bathroom stores!), In addition it does lots for local charities and employment - it is great dealing with a LOCALLY OWNED company rather than a large faceless multinational. If Sheeplands closes I will be getting my car out to go to Henley ( NOT Wokingham's ) farmers' market again.

2014-02-02 14:39

My kids love it, what possible reason could stop development?

#288 WBC not fit for service!

2014-02-03 09:08

A report in Get Reading says "The review by John Silvester Associates concluded Wokingham Borough Council’s service is “not fully fit for purpose”. See http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/wokinghams-planning-enforcement-branded-inadequate-6491470 for full details.

2014-02-03 10:27

l always look forward to visiting Hare Hatch when I come to Maidenhead.
VOICE OF REASON

2014-02-03 15:18

JUST WHAT IS THE LOCAL COUNCIL TRYING TO ACHIEVE HERE. OF COURSE SILLY ME THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO
TURN THE LAND TO BUILDING WHICH HAS BEEN IN THE PLANS FOR SOME 30 YEARS. I HAVE SEEN THESE PLANS FROM WHEN I WAS INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF WARFIELD AND SURROUNDING AREA.
HOW CAN ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND DESTROY A VERY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS BUILT UP FROM ALL THE HARD WORK AND BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS FROM THE DIRECTORS AND ALL THE TEAM AT HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.
NUMEROUS JOBS WILL BE LOST, FAMILY DAYS OUT AT SHEEPLANDS AND THE COMMUNITY WILL BE BROKEN, WAKE UP WOKINGHAM COUNCIL LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR LOCAL PEOPLE WANT.

HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS HAS A LOT OF VISITORS WHO ENJOY MEETING UP FOR A CHAT OVER A CUP OF COFFEE OR TWO,

THEY BUY THE LOCAL PRODUCE AND SUPPORT LOCAL CHARITIES.

IF TEXCOS, OR ASDA OR SAINSBURY'S WANTED TO OPEN A STORE THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEM FOR THEM, MONEY TALKS

SO WOKINGHAM COUNCIL DO THE CORRECT THING AND STOP THIS ACTION IMMEDIATELY AND LET US ALL CONTINUE TO ENJOY OUR VISTS TO HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS AND SPEND OUR MONEY AS WE CHOSE TOO

CHRISTINE C HARWOOD

FEBRUARY, 2014

2014-02-03 18:18

This would seem to be yet another case of a councilors having lost ALL authority to its council officers. It is about time these gutless so called local representatives retook control and helped supply the needs of those who voted them in to 'power'. It is quite obvious that the local people want this facility to continue. The only real objectors probably being Wyevale who should be investigated by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission. It is they who are removing local choice.

2014-02-03 18:22

Woking B Council's attitude to Hare Hatch Sheeplands seems to be totally inconsistent with its attitude to the garden centres near to it. Despite previous attempts by some of the afore-mentioned it has carried on to give good and friendly service and enlarge on a family business which pleases its customers and employs a large group of faithful employees.

2014-02-03 19:51

Why close down a going concern, much enjoyed by the local population and others from further afield ?

2014-02-04 09:57

Totally appreciate the need to protect Green Belt and areas of beauty - and support WBC in its endeavours however, the land on which HHS runs is ripe for commercial use so WBC should be supporting a local employer not running it to the ground.....fingers crossed, common sense will prevail....would encourage WBC to work with HHS to find a solution allowing this popular local business to continue as an employer and valuable member of the community. HHS has my total support.

2014-02-04 12:32

Hare Hatch Sheeplands farm is a friendly local business and is very important to the community of Wargrave, Twyford and the surrounding areas. As stated this land was derelict before and has been transformed into a wonderful place where you can get some food, buy some plants and browse through the shops selling wonderful unique goods. It will be such a shame if Sheeplands were to close and would be sorely missed by the community. Yes green belt land is very important and Sheeplands endeavour to encompass this within their business.

2014-02-04 13:19

Best of luck Hope you can keep going for many more years

2014-02-04 17:00

Although I disagree with the principle of constructing and operating facilities without the necessary planning permission, and I consider that Harehatch Sheeplands were wrong to do this, now that Harehatch Sheeplands is established,I consider it a valuable asset to the community and healthy competition for the major national garden centre group located on the north side of the A4. It is illogical and not in the public interest to attempt to retrospectively apply any different planning restrictions to Harehatch from those that already apply to Wyvale,

2014-02-04 17:58

The farm shop provides a particularly good service as there is nothing else like it locally.

2014-02-05 13:30

The expansion of this locally owned garden centre has not done any harm at all and has provided a most enjoyable facility to this area as well as competition for the national garden centre company opposite.

2014-02-06 00:53

goodluckifsuccessfuleveryonewillbenefit