Justice for Little League

Quoted post

#61 2015 is here!!

2015-01-17 16:43

#60: - Re: Re:  

What will we do to prevent this from reoccurring again in 2015? Evergreen Park, what will you do, as your league will likely have the first crack at em in the District level? What did we learn from the JRW rise to the top and the subsequent cheating allegations. The one thing everyone can take away is all leagues should have the balls (no pun intended) to protest a game at the DISTRICT level. If you have concrete information that a player(s) lives and resides in an area outside the playing area, file your protest. Make the opposing administrators/Presidents provide the documents they used to fill a team. If not, we all may as well go sign up for travel ball and the hell with Little League and community!!

Replies

#63 Re: 2015 is here!!

2015-01-18 14:59:24

#61: - 2015 is here!! 

2015 is here.  We are looking forward to another terrific year in EPAA! 

While I am dissapointed that LLI chose to look the othet way in this instance I am hopeful that the attention this issue has garnered over the past month will force every one going in to the 2015 season to be more diligent in ensuring we all play by the same rules.

EPAA and JRW are not in the same district.  Assuming every thing else stays the same, our first opportunity to play them will be in sectionals.  If we have good reason to believe they are cheating again we will address it then.  

This said, this shoud not be looked upon as EPAA's responsibility to police such issues.  All teams, in all districts should be following the rules and willing to hold others accountable if they chose not to follow the rules.

I would also encourage all league presidents to write LLI asking them what they are doing from a big picture perspective to stop this from happening.  As it stands today it is way to easy for people to break established rules...JRW is proof of that.