Justice for Little League

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Justice for Little League.

2014-12-25 15:48

Rules are rules! Shame on the parents for allowing this to happen. What does that teach the young kids of today? Cheating is ok?!?!?
Chris Janes
The author of this petition

2014-12-25 20:30

Agreex.  Kids not responsible for this but Little League needs to hold the adult decision makers accountible.  Its important little league does some thing here otherwise other leagues will cheat the same way.

Tell It Like It IS....

#3 It will be made into a Race Issue...

2014-12-28 06:05

Certain Black people will try to make this a Race issue: they see only that a group of Black kids achieved something great, and that somebody is trying to devalue what these Black kids accomplished.

They refuse to realize that the same rules that were broken were supposed to protect all of the Black children who would have gotten to play Little League - but who lost their spots to invaders from other neighborhoods/suburbs.

The rules need to  be followed  by everyone, they are not supposed to be ignored just because a group of Black folks are involved and claim that protesters have racial motives.

Chris Janes

2014-12-28 16:30

Too many people have attempted to make race an issue from both sides of the fence.  Bottom line...rules were broken.  Adults were responsible.  Some one needs to be held accountable.   

2014-12-29 11:57

Good luck and thanks for exposing these cheaters
Chris Janes

#6 Thanks

2014-12-29 13:56

Appreciate your support.  Thanks for signing!

2015-01-01 00:03

I am disturbed that Little League does not address the blatant appearance of corruption with facts.
ctw4jrw

#8 JRW = U.S. CHAMPS

2015-01-01 07:38

SHAME ON YOU for trying to taint what JRW accomplished.

Furthermore, your petition is WEAK.  The timing of it wreaks of JEALOUSY.

It's too bad haters like yourselves exist in this world.  Tip your cap & move on.

2015-01-01 16:20

Don't let this issue be ignored. The allegations are serious and Little League must provide answers. An independent panel should be formed to review facts and conclude with a written report as to their findings.

2015-01-01 17:28

This not attempt to "taint" the kids of JRW's accomplishment on the field.  This is an effort to expose the great lengths that the coaches, league administrators, an district officials have gone through break player residency/elligibility rules.

Thanks for your feedback

ctw4jrw

#11 TIMING IS EVERYTHING...

2015-01-02 03:51

If this is about exposing potential corruption by little league coaches or administrators, then why not protest during the state or regional tournaments?  Why wait until after JRW won the US title?

As I said earilier, "the timing (of this petition) wreaks of JEALOUSY."

Tip your caps and move on.  The investigation is OVER.

Anonymous

#12 Chris Janes is a LOSER

2015-01-02 20:22

You guys really have nothing else going on in your life that you need to try and bring down the feel good story of the year? Chris Janes and everyone on here needs to GET A LIFE.  Maybe be a better coach and win some games? I can't believe grown men and women are trying to do this to little league kids! You should be ashamed and embarassed. 

#13 Re:

2015-01-02 20:24

#4: Chris Janes -  

You are the definition of loser. How old are you? Still holding onto some Little League dreams? Get a life man. I dont even know these kids and think you are ridiculous.

Chris Janes

#14 Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING...

2015-01-03 00:28

#11: ctw4jrw - TIMING IS EVERYTHING... 

Information was not readily available until after the LLWS.  I began this process in late August.  This is not some thing that I began a few days ago.  Reargless, call it what you will...JRW did some pretty unscrupulous things.  This has nothing to do with the kids of JRW or what they achieved.  We are talking about the parents, coaches, league administrators, and district administrator who blatantly broke residency rules to put this team together.

PS...I am not the only one who feels this way...see attached article for complaint filed just this week from people within JRW's district

http://dnainfo.com

Chris Janes

#15 Re: Chris Janes is a LOSER

2015-01-03 00:39

#12: - Chris Janes is a LOSER 

"Feel good" does not make it right or true.  Nothing against the kids of JRW or what they accomplished but the adults involved did a whole lot of bad relative to Little League Rules.  Bottom line, as fun as the team was to watch, it was illegally assembled.  Parents, coaches, JRW league administrators all conspired to break residency rules.  I have nothing to be ashamed or embarrased about, this is why I out my name on my complaint.  No "anonymous" screen name here.

PS...I am not the only person to feel this way...read the attached article for others who have voiced the same concerns just this week....

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20141231/roseland/jackie-robinson

Chris Janes

#16 Re: Re:

2015-01-03 00:49

#13: - Re:  

Loser?  How so?  I feel strongly about an issue, make my case, and present it, standing behind my words all the way.

Others, not unlike you, hide behind the anonymity of "Guest" screen name and the power of a key board to cast aspersions and call people names.  You may want to reconsider your definition of a "loser."

Thanks for the feedback.

Chris Janes

Scott

#17 Here Here

2015-01-03 01:32

I applaud your efforts to put this issue in the spotlight. Little League has rules that most leagues and parents follow. There are some out there that will bend and break those rules to chase a trophy.  Everyone that has been involved in the Little League All Stars process has seen it.  If Little League continues to put their heads in the sand and ignore these types of issues, they are showing the same lack of integrity that the parents, coaches, and league administrators have shown. Shame on all of them.  Little League states in its own mission that it aims to build character and create good citizens.  Doesn't ring true to me anymore. Quite frankly, it hasn't for a while. 

Chris Janes

#18 Re: Here Here

2015-01-03 01:53

#17: Scott - Here Here 

thanks for the suport!  Hopefully LLI will get this one right...eventually.

2015-01-03 16:11

THE  TRUTH---------------------------------------------   NO  MORE  DONATIONS  TO  LL

Concerned District Administrator

#20 Re:

2015-01-03 16:31

#1: -   Concerned District Administrator

I

ConcernedDA

#21 JRW Boundary

2015-01-03 16:37

I have been involved with Little League Administration for many years and have been involved in countless boundary disputes and player eligibility issues over the years. The first thing you need to ask when looking at cases like these "Is this the entire story?" If you just read the articles on-line, it looks like someone pulled a fast one, but before anyone can make a fair assessment, I think that Little League needs to be forthcoming with exactly why and how this was done. If that doesn't happen, the integrity of the organization that that all of us volunteers dedicate a good piece of our lives to will come into question. I guarantee that District Administrators from coast to coast want to know what happened here, but before I sign or recommend someone else sign a petition, some things need to be cleared up.

In the article, it states "It was discovered that before the 2014 season a Little League administrator in Chicago's District 4 approved a new map for JRW Little League so that they could load its team up with star players, But that map wasn't approved by any of the other teams in the district, as rules state it needs to be. The administrator at the center of this, Michael Kelley, was previously an official with Jackie Robinson West for 20 years, according to DNA Chicago."
Was the boundary area given to JRW Little League open at the time or was it part of an existing league?

Exactly when was this discovered? If the area given JRW was part of  an existing league boundary area, they should have been officially notified , in writing, by Little League International. Wouldn’t they have need to know so they could modify their boundary map for registration purposes? 

A District Administrator can recommend a boundary change but the approval can only be given by the Charter Committee in Williamsport. If it affects other leagues, those leagues have to go along with it or Little League needs to have a goog reason for doing it!  In my experience, Little League wouldn't just take area away from a league for no good reason. Were they servicing that area properly? Are there other circumstances that maybe you're not aware of?

Boundary changes affect all leagues in a district- That’s why this process has to be transparent with everyone affected being involved and signing off befor a DA submits a request like this to Little League.

We Won't Cheat!

#22 Re: Re: Here Here

2015-01-03 18:29

#18: Chris Janes - Re: Here Here 

Chris

This issue has been brought to my attention by scores of long time, loyal Little League volunteers who are really upset about this and would like some answers.

I personally have been deeply  involved with Little League Administration for many years and have been involved in countless boundary disputes and player eligibility issues. The first thing I think you need to ask when looking at cases like these "Is this the entire story?"

Before I sign or recommend someone else to sign this petition, I was wondering if you could possibly clear up some things for us.

If you just read some of the articles on-line, it looks like someone may have pulled a fast one, but before anyone can make a fair assessment, I think that Little League needs to be forthcoming with exactly why they approved a boundary expansion, if indeed that was the case. Could it have been something else? A waiver, school residency issue, something legal that would permit kids that resided out the the boundary to play with JRW? Someone has to have a letter from Little League somewhere!

In the article, it states "It was discovered that before the 2014 season a Little League administrator in Chicago's District 4 ) I assume the DA?) approved a new map for JRW Little League so that they could load its team up with star players, But that map wasn't approved by any of the other teams in the district, as rules state it needs to be. The administrator at the center of this, Michael Kelley, was previously an official with Jackie Robinson West for 20 years, according to DNA Chicago."

Question is this: Was the boundary area given to JRW Little League an open area at the time or was it part of an existing chartered league? Exactly when was this discovered? If the area given JRW was part of  an existing league boundary area, the affected league should have been fully aware of the proposed change before it was even submitted and then officially notified , in writing, by Little League International of the decision to approve that change. They would have needed to know so they could modify their boundary map for registration purposes, so NLT Jan- Feb 2014.

A District Administrator doesn't have the authority to change bopundary areas-They can only recommend a change ( or disagree with it) but the approval can only be given by the Charter Committee in Williamsport. If it affects other leagues, those leagues have to go along with it or Little League needs to have a good reason for doing it!  In my experience, Little League wouldn't just take area away from a league for no good reason. Were they servicing that area properly? Are there other circumstances that maybe you're not aware of?

Boundary changes affect all leagues in a district- That’s why this process should have been totally transparent from start to finish with everyone affected being involved and fully aware of what was being asked of the Charter Committee. 

These accuations have called into question the integrity of the Little League organization that all of us volunteers dedicate a good piece of our lives to and it can't just hang in the wind unresolved.

I guarantee that volunteers from coast to coast want to know what happened here and most will openly support you if you're right. We won't cheat nor will we allow it to happen.

Chris Janes

#23 Re: JRW Boundary

2015-01-03 18:44

#21: ConcernedDA - JRW Boundary  

Awesome response.  Believe it or not, its my understanding that no one outside LLI, JRW, and the DA were made aware of the mapchange until LLI made public via USA today A couple of weeks ago.  I am working off my phone and do not have the link to the article available but I found it by Googling USA Today HS, Jackie Robinson West.  There you will find the article.  Within the article the LLI representative gave a brief description of the boundary change.  Hope this helps.

Appreciate the response

Chris

Chris Janes

#24 Re: Re: Re: Here Here

2015-01-03 18:51

#22: We Won't Cheat! - Re: Re: Here Here  

sorry, just realized there were two questions.  Jackie Robin West LL is landlocked...it surronded on all sides by other little leagues.  There was no wha for them to expand their boundary without encroaching  on another league.  Accordimg to the discription of the map.change in the USA Today artice JRW's expansion took "land" from three other leagues.

Also, keep on mind, that JRW'S previous boundary was already huge.  Their website proudly boast 530 kid participation.  The surroundimg leagues are not doing nearly as well and could ill afford losing kids.

Simply put, asside from making "all stars" elligible their is no other rational explanation for the boundary change.

Chris Janes

#25 Re: Re: Re: Here Here

2015-01-03 18:57

#22: We Won't Cheat! - Re: Re: Here Here  

one more thing...according to LLI, the proper paper work was submitted by JRW via Mike Kelly, their DA.  This information was reviewed and approved by the Region level and then sent to Williamsport.  

Mike Kelly is a fjrst year DA.  previous to this role he was a coach and Vice President for JRW for 20 pluss years.