Justice for Little League

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Justice for Little League.

Chris Janes
The author of this petition

2015-02-10 21:31

Thats the crux of the argument.  They did not.  That is why Little League is still investigating.  

ctw4jrw

#77 Restricting The "Right To Choose" Is Wrong...

2015-02-10 23:45

I think that is where you might be wrong.

It seems like all of those kids played on teams within the JRW League.

And if that is the case, then they shouldn't be penalized.

Use college basketball as an example.

Kids have the right to leave their state to go play elsewhere in order to make the Final 4 or win a National title.  It happens in Illinois all the time.

Case in point...

Anthony Davis went to Kentucky.

DWade went to Marquette.

DRose went to Memphis.

Isiah Thomas went to Indiana.

Candice Parker went to Tennessee.

etc., etc., etc.

Why penalize the JRW kids & families for wanting to be successful by playing in a better league?

It comes across as petty.

Now, let's say there are 5 or 6 surrounding Leagues in the Chicagoland area and the best players from those Leagues were put on 1 team.  That would be wrong and unfair. 

I don't believe that is what happened here though.

Again, it seems like all of those kids were on teams within the JRW League.

And if JRW has the best League in the area (a successful League at that), then I can't blame the kids or their parents for wanting to be apart of that League. 

Just like I can't blame Chicago High School basketball players for leaving the area to go play at Duke, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Tennessee etc.

Again, criticizing & penalizing smart & successful decisions seems petty.

It's also marked by jealousy and envy, which isn't healthy.

Chris Janes

2015-02-11 03:46

Argument is flawed.  The corner stones of little league are boundaries and residency requirements.  Without those it would not be little league.  Rules are what they are.  If you dont like the rules, play some where else where the rules work better for you.

Chris Janes

2015-02-11 03:52

Are you really compairing collegiate sports to 12yr old Little League baseball?  Not a comparison, I feel no need to respond any further.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-02-11 13:19

ctw4jrw

#81 People Cross Boundaries All The Time...That's Life

2015-02-11 13:20

People live in the suburbs, but work in the city.

Students have residence in one state, but go to out of state schools.

Chicago HS basketball players don't always play at U of I or DePaul.

In other words, boundaries are crossed all the time in order to achieve better success.

Meaning, these JRW kids were victims of society.

The outcome is sad.

ctw4jrw

#82 Where is the info?

2015-02-11 13:24

What are the teams that are apart of the JRW League?

What teams was each kid on before being selected for the JRW All-Star team?

That's the information that is needed.

It would be nice if someone would list that information.

Doing so would create better clarity.

Thanks.

#83 Re: Jackie Robinson Cheaters

2015-02-11 15:22

#1: -  

It teaches kids that cheating is okay if you're black -- whatever it takes to get ahead is all good.  Just look at the White House.

#84 Re: Rules are Rules

2015-02-11 15:25

#29: Skip - Rules are Rules 

When it comes to black people, race is never an issue when they commit a violation -- only when a violation is committed against them.  This is the result of decades of failed Affirmative Action policies that have given blacks the idea that they get to do whatever they please and that everyone else must just tolerate them.  That game's pretty much over.  That's one rule that rigged the game in their favor.  Now they think rigging all games is biness as usual.

Jim in Atlanta

#85 Justice is Done

2015-02-11 16:16

At last justice is done.

It's a damn shame that:

1. These leaders jerrymandered the boundary to add these players.  I can just envision them sitting around after coming up a game short last year, scheming on how to add "just a few OPS or Slugging percentage points" to their team, and then rationalizing why these boundary abuses were a good move, a "victimless crime".
  2. LLI initial response was nothing short of a complete cover-up, and that is the bigger story here
  3. Chris Janes has been vilified in the least for exposing this travesty, and standing up for his district's players, volunteers, and supporters.  

This story sits in sharp contrast to the great sportsmanship stories that inspire, not destroy, our faith in humanity.

Here's a "shower" for anyone else who feels dirty for what JRW and LLI has done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqjUqW3c0U

Jim in Atlanta

ctw4jrw

#86 When & what kind of boundaries were crossed?

2015-02-11 18:40

That's the key question.

If the kids were on teams within the JRW League, then I have no problem with them crossing boundaries to play in a better league, a league that would give them a better chance at success.

That's something which happens all across society.

That said, if the kids were picked from teams that weren't associated with the JRW League, then that's not fair to other Leagues.  It's false representation.

So again, where's the information?

What teams were these kids playing on (and in what League) before being selected for the JRW All-Star team, which went on to play in the Little League World Series?

* The people who raised these complaints should produce that information.

Thank you.

J Galt

#87 Pandora's box is open

2015-02-12 06:17

A audit of every team that's won, and every team in the playoffs back to 1994, background check every coach and parent associated with teams. 

Just a heads up...they have already contacted a firm  setting this in motion.  You cannot embarrass the city(CITY not team) on a national stage...I hope EP and all other teams are clean...if not LLBB might not be able to recover from this...the dogs have been unleashed...

jdelia

#88 Re:

2015-02-16 18:38

#79: Chris Janes -  

That is right there is no comparison.  Even if the kids played on a team in JRW Little League during the little league season but were from outside the league boundries they were ineligble to play for JRW Little league, and ineligible to play on its All Star team.  But beyond that if a player is selected for an all star team the player / parent has to provide documentation that they live within the boundries before the season started.  Based on what I have read JRW little league cheated by expanding the leagues boundries without permission of the other leagues in the district making players on the All Star team ineligible to play for the team.

And thank you Coach Janes for standing up for "Courage, Character and Loyalty".  We are invloved in little league and have sons that play.  Little League exists by it's rules, rules on bats, divisions of play and age and yes borders.  It is designed to teach young kids Courage, Character and Loyalty through the game of basball and designed to let every kid that signs up for a league they are from to develop and play this great game, and develop the skills necessary to hopefully get selected to the All Star travel team and dream of going to Wiliamsport.  The actions of JRW little league denied other kids and other teams of reaching that goal and experiencing that dream and for that should be and were punished.