Justice for Little League

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Justice for Little League.

2015-01-03 19:30

Every year I look forward to the Little League World Series and it should all be fair and on the up and up. If this allegation was made against a foreign team such as this years winner, South Korea I bet the league office would be looking into it. So, do the right thing, did they win it fair or not.
Baseball fan

#27 Re: Chris Janes is a LOSER

2015-01-03 19:50

#12: - Chris Janes is a LOSER 

LIars are liars and cheeters are cheeters.  If you are not careful these kids will grow up to be just like our President

Coach

#28 Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS

2015-01-03 20:21

#8: ctw4jrw - JRW = U.S. CHAMPS 

I was a Little League coach, High School Varsity Coach, Traveling coach (2 World Series), American Legion coach. I was also on the Board of our local Little League. My experience in Little League was that the rules were very strict. Our little town had to have 2 sanction leagues. We could not pool to have one AllStar team. I've wondered for years about a lot of these teams that resemble traveling teams. You can't tell me this is an isolated case. When I left traveling baseball many teams had $20000-$30,000 budgets. Heavy recruiters. I funded my team myself and never charged a player to play. Also Little League players could not play on a travel team until after their season was over. One year I could not even take 10 year olds after their season was over and play tournaments because the 11-12 year old All Stars were still playing. 10 year olds were not even eligable for all stars. I think the Little League is trying to save face by sweeping this under the rug. I say if they cheated and broke rules they should have the title taken away. If they don't at least investigate then other teams should just go and play unsanctioned baseball and not support Little League. After all why have rules if your not going to enforce them.

Skip

#29 Rules are Rules

2015-01-04 00:56

It is not a race thing....who brought up race??  Sun-times newspaper column writer Mary Mitchell??  Just play by the rules.....  Hard to feel good about this when everyone has to play by the strict rules of the Little league organiztion....   Sorry but rules are rules!!!!      Even if you own property or give a relative's address...  YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN THE BOUNDRY!!!...and most DON'T

Back in 2007 our Lansing Little league District team lost to JRW in the sectional championship...It was learned at the state level that JRW was using ineligible players...  THEY MUST PLAY BY THE RULES!!! 

Chris Janes
The author of this petition

#30 Re: Rules are Rules

2015-01-04 01:04

#29: Skip - Rules are Rules 

thanks for the aupport.  Lets hope LLI does the right thing.  The 2015 season is.coming.soon.  i am hoping to start the season knowing that we are all playing on a level playing field. Right now, its obviius that we are not. 

Chris Janes

#31 Re: Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS

2015-01-04 01:09

#28: Coach - Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS 

thanks for the support.  Whats most important to me is that LLI.  Completes a thorough and unbiased investigation, acknowledges the wrong doing, and takes steps to.ensure this does not happen again.  This game is for kids and should be decided by kids within the rules.

softball..... 1980

#32 shame shame shame

2015-01-04 01:56

Being a youth coach for many many years, it erks me that this would happen, when it comes to this age or any age up to college,it is supposed to be about teaching the youths and making them better ,,,,,Not about getting the best players in your area,district,etc.. it is not about winning at this age and level..yes it is fun to win and helps with the moral and confidence,but it is about teaching them about the sport and about lifes ups and downs.. shame shame shame .. I heard about this shortly after the little league world series and was shocked.. Now it shouldnt be blamed on these kids and they will be the ones punished because they will have this over them for many many years..But the people ,Coaches,admins,and all adults involved in this need to be banned for life from youth sports period...

2015-01-04 03:27

Was involved with Little League for years. it sounds like a legitimate complaint that should be investigated fully. There is simply no excuse not to do so.

#34 Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS

2015-01-04 04:00

#8: ctw4jrw - JRW = U.S. CHAMPS 

Careful there are people out here who know where the jrw secrets from day one are . And if it comes out it will not be a nice thing.

#35 Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING...

2015-01-04 04:07

#11: ctw4jrw - TIMING IS EVERYTHING... 

Wrong again , Officials from Littlle League Baseball Inc. are flying into Chicago on January 12 for a meeting with District for Leagues. Over not by a longshot.

#36 Meeting

2015-01-04 04:14

This is far from over . Little League Baseball Inc. officials are flying into Chicago on January 12th for a meeting with District 4 Leagues . They would not be doing this if there was not something done wrong.

2015-01-04 13:00

What kind of message is this sending to the children if the adults bend the rules and are allowed to get away with it?
Boris Badonov

#38 Re: Chris Janes is a LOSER

2015-01-04 13:09

#12: - Chris Janes is a LOSER 

Since when does trying to hold people accountable for their actions make someone a loser?  A loser is someone who doesn't believe in virtues such as truth and fair play.

2015-01-04 13:29

It is very clear that many very important and powerful people were involved in several illegal activities. The fact that it is an All-Black team is why Little League officials will not right a wrong. They don't want to be called Racists.

#40 Re: Re: JRW Boundary

2015-01-04 13:33

23: Chris Janes - Re: JRW Boundary 

Your league should hire an attorney!

2015-01-04 14:21

If true, this is dirty from beginning to end !  A bad DA! No surprise there! 

#42 Re:

2015-01-04 14:31

#37: -  Those poor little boys- they just did what they were supposed to do and now they might be remembered for something other than a great accomplishment! This is worse than the Danny Amonte scandal-much, much worse!

Chris Janes

#43 Re: Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS

2015-01-04 15:14

#34: - Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS 

JRW has been a very tight knit group for a very long time with very little change in their leadership positions. This is probabyl why more on thjs topic has not.come out in the past. I agree with you...its jhst a matter of time

Chris Janes

#44 Re: Re: Re: JRW Boundary

2015-01-04 15:18

#40: - Re: Re: JRW Boundary  

we have considered it...but we are not for proffit org with a zero base budget.  Hoping LLI sees this through.  we would prefer to invest our resources back in to the kids who participate in our league

Thanks for the support!

Chris Janes

#45 Re: Meeting

2015-01-04 15:20

#36: - Meeting 

i was not aware of that.  Was this info posted some where?  I would like to know more.

Thanks for posting, appreciate the support

2015-01-04 16:46

Cheating should never be condoned. Little League and all sports are supposed to exemplify the best ideals and character building we want in our children. Letting this team in essence get away with cheating sends a powerful message to our kids - cheating is ok EVEN if you get caught IF you have a feel good story . GREAT LIFE LESSON Little League.

#47 Re: Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING...

2015-01-05 04:58

#48 Re: Re: Re: Re: Here Here

2015-01-05 21:30

#24: Chris Janes - Re: Re: Re: Here Here  

dude, why do you care so much!?!?!

Chris Janes

#49 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here Here

2015-01-06 01:43

#48: - Re: Re: Re: Re: Here Here  

its some thing that is important to me. All four of my boys have or are still playing little league baseball.  Its been a great experience for them.  Allowing teams to break rules inthjs mankr does damage to Little League as a whole.  I dont want to see Little League not be around for kids in the future.

The Coach

#50 Re: Publicity

2015-01-07 13:27

#1: -  

Why isn't this getting more traction across the country? We having a JRW-gate?

If this gets covered up, we'll go Babe Ruth