Justice for Little League

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Justice for Little League.

Chris Janes
The author of this petition

#51 Re: Re: Publicity

2015-01-08 02:51

#50: The Coach - Re: Publicity 

LLI has done a nice job tucking this away.  

Eric Holder

#52 Re: JRW = U.S. CHAMPS

2015-01-08 19:37

#8: ctw4jrw - JRW = U.S. CHAMPS 

Haters?  Get real.  If JRW's adults CHEATED, then the JRW boys' accomplishment is ruined.  Everything I have seen points to a corrupt District Administator from JRW facilitating a residency scheme.  If it was all honest and above board, why not present all the evidence?  What is there to hide?

The Gov

2015-01-09 23:11

I have been involved with Little League for over 30 years of my life and when I read the allegations about JRW I was saddened by this. The game of baseball is a wonderful sport that involves more then the game of baseball, such as Integrity, Loyalty, Friendship, Honesty and learning how to be a better person. I can only pray that JRW did not tarnish their superior accomplishment by not following the rules that Little League sets up as guidelines for fair play to all concerned. I most certainly hope & pray that L.L. does investigate this matter to the fullest extent. A matter that warrants an ivestigation without a doubt.... 

2015-01-11 04:13

They are cheaters hegewish played them and would have won is they where not cheating

2015-01-11 18:15

Jrw has been cheating for years.Little league does nothing about it.

#56 Jan 12th meeting??

2015-01-13 19:40

Is there any truth to LLI in Chicago on Jan 12th to meet with District 4 to discuss cheating allegations? If so, any news coming out yet?

Chris Janes

#57 Re: Jan 12th meeting??

2015-01-13 20:14

#56: - Jan 12th meeting?? 

meeting was scheduled for yesterday.  It was cancelled.  Not sure why.

Can't stop JRW!!!

2015-01-15 01:45

http://www.cityofevanston.org/news/2015/01/ enjoy-dinner-with-the-jackie-robinson-west-baseball- team-jan-14/

And the JRW beat goes on and on.....They can't be stopped. Free dinner in the scenic Northshore community of Evanston, IL. Not to mention free NCAA basketball game between Northwestern and Univ. of Illinois. Oh and honored at halftime as the current Little League Champions. BAM!!!

Chris Janes

#59 Re:

2015-01-15 11:11

#58: Can't stop JRW!!! -  

nothing wrong with a free dinner and basketball game.  Hope they enjoyed it.  That said the truth is out.  Every one knows it.

#60 Re: Re:

2015-01-15 16:48

#59: Chris Janes - Re:  

Truth is, the truth is out and the truth is, nothiing will be done, that is the truth. Shame on Little League and that is also the truth.....

#61 2015 is here!!

2015-01-17 16:43

#60: - Re: Re:  

What will we do to prevent this from reoccurring again in 2015? Evergreen Park, what will you do, as your league will likely have the first crack at em in the District level? What did we learn from the JRW rise to the top and the subsequent cheating allegations. The one thing everyone can take away is all leagues should have the balls (no pun intended) to protest a game at the DISTRICT level. If you have concrete information that a player(s) lives and resides in an area outside the playing area, file your protest. Make the opposing administrators/Presidents provide the documents they used to fill a team. If not, we all may as well go sign up for travel ball and the hell with Little League and community!!

Anonymous

2015-01-18 08:25

If only one person or a group of people work hard, nothing will succeed!

#63 Re: 2015 is here!!

2015-01-18 14:59

#61: - 2015 is here!! 

2015 is here.  We are looking forward to another terrific year in EPAA! 

While I am dissapointed that LLI chose to look the othet way in this instance I am hopeful that the attention this issue has garnered over the past month will force every one going in to the 2015 season to be more diligent in ensuring we all play by the same rules.

EPAA and JRW are not in the same district.  Assuming every thing else stays the same, our first opportunity to play them will be in sectionals.  If we have good reason to believe they are cheating again we will address it then.  

This said, this shoud not be looked upon as EPAA's responsibility to police such issues.  All teams, in all districts should be following the rules and willing to hold others accountable if they chose not to follow the rules.

I would also encourage all league presidents to write LLI asking them what they are doing from a big picture perspective to stop this from happening.  As it stands today it is way to easy for people to break established rules...JRW is proof of that.

#64 Re: Re: Publicity

2015-01-19 19:35

#50: The Coach - Re: Publicity 

1.Was there a meeting ?

2. What was the outcome?

3. Was justice served?

Probale Answers

1. Yes

2. A "let's just let this slide- No one needs to know what really happened"

3. No way

alisa smith
paris

#65 Re:

2015-01-20 03:46

#62: -  

no reply

----------------------------------------

etui ipad air 2 housse ipad air 2

Chris Janes

#66 Re:

2015-01-20 13:14

#62: -  

agree.  If we all work hard, folow the rules, and hold others accountable to following the rules every one will be better off. We wil see what 2015 brings us.

2015-01-29 19:03

Remember the Danny Almonte scandal in 2001? JRW should forfeit all games and titles, and the adults involved in the scam should be banned for life from LLBI.
THE GERTO

#68 Re: Re: Re:

2015-02-01 02:06

#16: Chris Janes - Re: Re:  

I think you confused them with the big word asperations

#69 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2015-02-01 02:50

as·per·sion

əˈspərZHən/

noun

an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.

"I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on you"

synonyms: vilify, disparage, denigrate, defame, run down, impugn, belittle, criticize, condemn, decry, denounce, pillory; More#68: THE GERTO - Re: Re: Re:  

nope...

2015-02-10 08:19

shame on them if true you took away the dreams of other kids i felt something wasnt right i told my stepfather disgraced the name of champions

2015-02-10 16:29

Lets Face It If We Don't Stop Teaching Our Kids To Cheat Now. We Will End Up With Grown Ups Thinking It Is Ok To Cheat At Everything

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-02-10 18:42

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-02-10 18:52

ctw4jrw

#74 Where the kids apart of teams within the JRW League?

2015-02-10 21:15

As long as the kids came from teams within the JRW League, then it's a null & void argument.

ctw4jrw

#75 The "right to choose"...

2015-02-10 21:29

Certain leagues and schools are better than others.  People have the "right to choose" where they want to attend or play.

Examples:

The (Private) High School I attended wasn't in the same town I was living in.

The Jr. College my sister attended wasn't in the same county she was living in.

Thus...

...If some of these kids lived outside the JRW League limits, but wanted to play (and did play) in the JRW League, then so be it.  That decision got them a Little League Championship.

Maybe the "powers that be" ought to improve their leagues or schools, so that the good players and/or students stay home.

Example:

The University of Illinois & DePaul University.

If they they did a better job of recruiting, the good Chicago kids would stay home and play basketball there instead of heading to Kentucky, Duke, Wisconsin, Marquette, etc.

But again, this is a FREE SOCIETY.  The "right to choose" exists.

Why should the kids from JRW be any different?

(Rhetorical ?)