Reinstate Mr. Thomas Leahy

Quoted post

Gail Renner Fisher

2015-11-06 03:19

Conway Springs, you are better than this. Get this one right. Reinstate this teacher. Don't let the bigotry win. Let good teachers teach and stop micro-managing them. Had Leahy asked for permission, he would have been denied. I admire that he stood up for what he knew was right and needed to be done.

As for the end of the video ending in suicide, this is what can happen to a person tormented by bullies.it is a reality and you have to make an impression on these kids that created societies that didn't allow homosexuals into their towns they created. 

And Superintendent Clay Murphy, you are wrong. If you fire Leahy, everyone loses. If reinstated, Conway Springs wins.

Replies

#229 Re:

2015-11-06 05:01:04

#224: Gail Renner Fisher -  

You could not have stated this any better!  Conway Springs IS better than this and I believe it will show on Monday.

-CSHS Alumni

#230 Re:

2015-11-06 05:02:25

#224: Gail Renner Fisher -  

A better statement could not have been made. It is the school boards decision, not Clay Murphy's. I wish some of them would man up and admit that they jumped the gun and made a huge mistake. I don't think they ever expected Tom to stand up for himself, or that he had so much support.