Dress Code Swampscott Middle School

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Dress Code Swampscott Middle School.

2015-04-16 22:16

I signed this because I have felt too warm in school wear when I wear clothes too warm, I get dizzy and I can't focus in school. I understand why they make the rule but the cons do outweigh the pros.

2015-04-16 22:20

Girls should be able to wear shorts as long as appropriate  

a swampscott mom

#78 Re:

2015-04-16 22:43

#64: -  

Hi, I completely agree that the current dress code is unfair, however parents have received an email clarfiying the fact that is not new nor has it been recently changed. Can this current petition be changed to reflect that people are unhappy with the current unfairness and gender bias? If not maybe a new petition, a factual one needs to be written?

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-04-16 22:56

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-04-16 23:04

not mr murphy

#81 Re: Re: this rudulous new rule

2015-04-16 23:47

#57: - Re: this rudulous new rule 

by no warning I meant during the summer. that's when shorts are mainly sold right? and as for you wearing shorts to your knees that's okay, I don't care, but because I don't like that style on me I don't buy any and I'm not wasting money on them. as for water, I DO bring a water bottle and wow it's like magic... IM STILL HOT IN SCHOOL! boys don't wear booty shorts because they don't want to just like I don't wear basketball shorts because I don't want to. I don't wear trashy clothing but it's still not down to my knee! we're not whining... we're standing up for what we believe is right...

Average Joe in SMS

#82 I Agree, but it's a bit cynical.

2015-04-17 00:15

I do agree that there are flaws in the new dress code. It's not fair to have shorts that only go to knee length. I would be appaled if someone got distracted by very short shorts that didn't have 'LOOK AT ME' written on them. No offense, but do you really beleive that this petition will actually accomplish something? And remember, the dress code is only first world tyranny, and maybe our time would be better spent working on something else. What would accomplish something is if you organized an event were everyone in the school wore shorts that broke the rule, or at least 50-100 kids that would break it. Murphy or Calichman can't put 50-100 kids in detention. 

2015-04-17 01:09

Let's get one thing straight  here. I agree with some people. It shouldn't be knee length. I sill believe it should be finger tip length. And if you have enough energy to whine and complain about it you have  enough time to do your school work. But there is no need for this petition it is only causing chaos on this website. If you really want this to stop go down to the office after school and ask to speak to me. Murphy or me. Calichman to work things out. Don't continue on with this petition because it will only get you in more trouble in the nearby future

#84 Re: Re: Re: this rudulous new rule

2015-04-17 01:14

#81: not mr murphy - Re: Re: this rudulous new rule 

Well it's not my fault. It is not that hot in school we don't live in Florida so suck it up and deal with it its only 6 hours. And who's fault is it again for wanting that style? You'll never guess who? Oh right YOU. This is not something you believe in or not. Out not rocket science! Don't follow the dress code? DETENTION well sucks for you

2015-04-17 01:46

I don't think that this dress code is fair and nobody where's shorts down to their knees. If it is warm out, I want to wear my shorts and I am not just going to buy shorts down to my knees just for school.

2015-04-18 01:35

Oh my god guys stop whining it was just a misunderstanding!

#87 Re:

2015-04-19 22:54

#24: we all know that the winter was cold so wouldn't it be really hot during the summer and spring plus it's like u want all of the kids to follow this rule. Let me remember everyone that there a about 700 of us and like 20 of these teachers. Also why make this rule now out of anytime we should be able to where whatever whenever we want