Dress Code Swampscott Middle School

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Dress Code Swampscott Middle School.

2015-04-16 03:05

Your should to wear what you want to wear. Other people should not be able to tell you what you can and cannot wear

#52 Re: Re:

2015-04-16 03:18

#36: - Re:  

there may be only two months left in this school year, but for the people not in eighth grade, they have many more years w this dress code

2015-04-16 10:23

I think the rules should be don't show your three B's. Boobs, butt, and belly. I think we should wear what we want to school. We aren't harming or offending  anyone if we wear appropriate clothing. I mean yeah, if some girls feel uncomfortable showing more skin than others, then it's there choice to cover up. This is just ridiculous. 

-From someone who actually follows the dress code

#54 Re:

2015-04-16 10:45

#11: -  

Seriously guys.... Yesterday I saw so many short shorts.... That look like underwear! If you have enough time to complain you have enough time to buy new clothing. It should still be past your fingertips no knee length. It's up to the school district to strictly decide what we should wear. I can't believe how trashy middle schoolers look because of how low the neckline on their shirt is and how short the shorts are. You should be suspended if you are caught wearing that! Our grandparent would get sent home to change if their skirts were above the knee. Wearing inappropriate shorts and sexually mature shirts are not an expression they are a decision. next  time see for yourself how hideous your clothing is

2015-04-16 10:47

i think that kids should be able to wear whatever they want, as long as its not showing your butt. i just bought a bunch of shorts that are down to my fingers, and now we have to buy even more and its annoying the heck out of my mom!

#56 Re: Re:

2015-04-16 10:51

#54: -From someone who actually follows the dress code - Re:  

i somewhat agree. we have had this dress code for a while now, but people constantly abused it. people didnt care, and wore shorts that looked like underwear. now, the principal is making it more strict. if we keep dissobeying, they might change it to below the knee

#57 Re: this rudulous new rule

2015-04-16 10:51

#37: not mr murphy - this rudulous new rule 

Well this is your fault for choosing trashy clothing. And in the beginning of the year he strictly said NOTHING ABOVE THE KNEE, you would possibly know this if you payed attention. Anyways STOP your whining and complaining we only have two months of school. Are you guys kidding me. And your blaming the dress code for giving you migraines.... Bring a water bottle. I wear knee length shorts and I am completely fine with it. How do you think boys feal they don't wear booty shorts.

#58 Re:

2015-04-16 10:53

#33: -  

it is not SMS's fault you idiots

2015-04-16 10:53

It is our faults

kinda on both sides

#60 we kinda deserved it

2015-04-16 10:56

guys to be honest we kinda did deserve it. he kept telling us the rules but we constently disobeyed. now, hes punishing us, and i bet people are still going to break the dress code. you dont have to show your butt to look good... BUT... its also not fair that the shorts have to be down to our knees! ok the fingers thing was fine, but knees? no stores sell shorts like that. ill have to wear leggings year round

2015-04-16 10:57

This new dress code is not fair to the girls it's not our fault that the boys at our school are perverts and we get punished for it! They don't even make girl shorts down to your knee and I am not wearing boy shorts I'm not even sure if the make boy shorts that long either but still it's not fair! I think this pation is great!!

#62 Re:

2015-04-16 11:00

#61: -  

omfg it is not the boys faults it is your fault and your parents for buying trashy clothing

2015-04-16 11:14

Aha rsjshqiabejwiJshwbwbaizuavava!!!!!!!

2015-04-16 11:28

I mean i like our school and the rules are usually reasonable but this is just ridicilous :

• its going to be really hot and we cant wear shorts
  • if we do wear shorts theyre going to be lax or basketball shorts
  • if they are appropriate we should be able to wear them but this law is just a force
  • this is so unfair omg

#65 Re: we kinda deserved it

2015-04-16 11:30

#60: kinda on both sides - we kinda deserved it 

we kinda dont why should we be punished because a few other people decide to wear really short shorts i mean i always  make sure that my shorts are long enough to wear to school

2015-04-16 11:34

I signed the petition because my mother just spent lots of money to buy me shorts and tee-shirts

2015-04-16 11:41

Wtf! What the hell is this. Girls wear knee length shorts or Capri's. YOU GIRLS WHO WEAR TO SHORT SHORTS  ARE THE PROBLEM/BIGGEST IDIOTS IN THE WORLD.

2015-04-16 11:43

I think dress Codes are silly and as long as your no wearing a strapless a crop top a mini skirt and high heels it's fine

2015-04-16 11:44

Because there shouldn't be that rule and some people spend a lot of money on shorts a little above there knees and then they find out that they can't wear them.

2015-04-16 11:48

I completely agree!!!!!
jasmine

2015-04-16 11:58

i dont think that kids are gonna show there buts and like boys dont have any rules i shouldnt even matter like but yet teachers can wear what ever they want its just not cool please change the dress code NOW if u want them to brake the rules then change them

2015-04-16 18:42

Because I wanna wear shorts in school
From someone who actually follows the dress code!

2015-04-16 19:04

Let's get this one thing strait. This is the best thing the school has come up with. All of you girls are seriously going to complain about a stupid dress code?  And you made a petition about it? I can't believe the ways some of your parents let you out of the house! It is your fault and whoever bought your clothing. I know many girls that are going to wear short shorts tomorrow...I would love to see you get detention. Wearing booty shorts is mainly just wearing denim underwear. This is not the way a young lady should dress. You shouldn't wear dark red lipstick, purple eyeshadow, dress like someone from a trailer park because that is the definition of white trash. This petition is plain stupid. At least make a petition on something actually important. And you can survive the next 2 months without sweating or dying to death of the heat. We don't live in California for crying out loud. I'm sure that you can survive. What if we misunderstood Mr.Murphy. What if it was still arm length? Or what if we made a mistake of hearing. My opinion on a dress code for girls: Arm length shorts,skirts, and dresses, no sexual clothing items, no sexist, racist, or inappropriate shirts, no tube tops or camis. If you agree with this dress code please reply. If you are upset because your gurdian spent tons of money on clothes don't blame them for buying them blame yourself for choosing.so suck it up buttercup and deal with it. It's not the schools choice it's the districts choice! Do you see a kindergartener running around in booty shorts, red lipstick, and a racist shirt? NO YOU DO NOT!!! And you have all summer long to wear your denim underwear! At least have modest clothing on.these companies should not be selling half of the clothing items to young girls! From shirts with backs that dip down to necklines that belong on a stripper dress. We are not barbies, strippers, pole dancers, trailer park trash, we are young beautiful modest women. 

#74 Re:

2015-04-16 20:43

#9: -  

Exactly! Girls are going to get hot! They should be able to wear shorts.... Not a lot of girls own long shorts. I don't even own a pair of shorts that go up to my finger tip

Natasha

2015-04-16 21:28

I think everyone should be able to wear what they want as long as it's appropriate. It's not right for teachers to be sexist and say that girls can't wear shorts because guys will get distracted. If it's hot out I'm wearing shorts and a tank top, sorry!