Save the Solstice Sunrise - Army Basing Plan for Larkhill

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the Solstice Sunrise - Army Basing Plan for Larkhill.

2014-04-01 11:18

Humanity's sacred heritage must be preserved for future generations and held with the utmost respect. The British did not build it and should be forever grateful it fell into their lap. It belongs to All humanity!
Pissed off summer baby

#202 Re:

2014-04-01 12:00

#3: -

This is a terrible terrible decision and if those houses got built I'm sure people would end up just destroying them personally. Also whats the deal with the new arrangements around stone henge, when I was young we could freely visit it and enjoy its amazement and beauty. Now it seems you have to get shuttlebusses and fuck abouts and then your barred off from it.

FREEEEDOMMMM

2014-04-01 12:19

Why destroy Irish heritage? This just shows the hatred for the Irish by destroying their history.

2014-04-01 12:39

Thousands of years of ritual activity at Stonehenge needs to protected & preserved - To honour our ancestors & future generations. No one should be denied the spectacle of watching sunrise over the Hele stone @ Stonehenge.

2014-04-01 12:53

Is nothing sacred?

2014-04-01 13:15

Why do I only get sight of this petition on the day it has to be ready and submitted? It's not been publicised well. This proposal is a travesty and the last straw as far as I'm concerned.... When will people wake up to what is going on.. This right to light is a spiritual and ethical issue that cannot be overlooked!

2014-04-01 13:18

As a pagan I find this appalling to charge for an ancient site us morally wrong this is my pagan right to worship there without payment so yes I am angry things have a way for righting themselves we are being told what to do we need to have mass disobedience and take back our stone hendge it ours not theres it is that simple

2014-04-01 13:31

The scope of the project is huge in Larkhill. If it is not moved in the very least what could be changed is the overall plan in consideration of the alignment of the sun. Personally I think the lack of foresight into the planning of the barracks in relation to one of the greatest historic enigmas ever built is a travesty and sad testimony in preserving our links to the past.

2014-04-01 13:54

This is wrong, build the barracks where it does not interfere with an astronomical alignment of an ancient structure.

2014-04-01 13:54

PLEASE continue to preserve this amazing piece of history for future generations. I'm sure an alternate site can be found that will accomodate the army base.

2014-04-01 13:59

This is madness!

2014-04-01 14:02

This should not happen

2014-04-01 14:13

This should not happen we need to save what's left of our heritage.

2014-04-01 16:26

This is outrageous, almost makes me ashamed to be british, what is England coming too. Bunch of nazis running the country, world, media and banks!

2014-04-01 16:43

We all need to take a long hard look at are selfs and realise what is happening all around us. It is the new world order believe it or not, the worlds resources are running out and do u think the super rich are going to do, just sit back, no they will lock everything down (hunger games) fiction is the truth berried in lies. The rockerfellar family are evil they are the puppeteers,politicians The royal family a list celebs (not all but most) the puppets and we are all silent slaves made to think this is normal to watch the world are planet are only home burn and die and are fellow man go hungry and cold. No more can we b silent we are in an age of instant messaging, within seconds are voices can be herd, but this is not enough. We need to stand up and fight. Join me on the 20th april to march in london.

2014-04-01 16:48

Stonehenge is one of the most important sites connecting us (humanity) to our distant and forgotten past. I am positive that there was way more than a few "hunters and gatherers" (not that there's anything wrong with that) on our planet more than 12000 years ago (could be a lot more than 12K), as "taught" by modern scientific paradigm (read Scientism). Please preserve the great megalith of Great Britain that I had the fortune to visit in 2005.

2014-04-01 16:53

Save the sacred site please

2014-04-01 17:08

Am against this and politely ask the MOD to reconsider their position.

Sarah Rooke, BA
Archdruidess, Druid Clan of Dana and Berengaria Order of Druids

2014-04-01 17:12

There should be sacred spaces: Stonehenge is definitively one, and to destroy the place where the sun rises over the heal stone is a desecration. Please, don't do it.

2014-04-01 17:20

Or, at the minimum, create the community of below grade, bermed housing that doesn't interfere with the historical viewing horizon.

2014-04-01 17:56

I really hope that signing this petition DOES some good and goes some way towards stopping this ludicrous development so close to Stonehenge.

2014-04-01 18:46

Hope I'm not too late!

2014-04-01 20:10

Some things need to be left alone, especially things as historic as Stonehenge! Eventually every part of the world will be destroyed by concrete.

2014-04-01 20:41

As long as my ancestors have lived and dies in the west country, from all around stonehenge in many towns & places going back hundreds of years.. We have always been able to drive up to Stone Henge, share a flask of tea & a picnic. As we grew up from school we would always head to the Summer solstice, every year. And the festival all the fun we had, all thhe comming together of the people from all walks of life.. Back in the 1980`s they brought in balaclava security guards at night, so when we camped in our old car on the road to avesbury & glastonbury, we whent over small farmers fence at night with the children to show them the magical stones, but where suddenly surrounded by men in black, all we could hear was them breathing around us as they closed in on us in the dark, the poor kid`s where scared, & we where so angry at these men in black and the people who suddenly took our land from us. I am so Angry, what the hell do they want to block all our acess , freedom and heritage, that belongs to the people of the land..

2014-04-01 22:35

I loved my visit 15 years ago and had planned on going back with my daughter and grand children in a few years. With the magic gone we will go to Paris instead!