stop Hackney Homes from making me rehome one of my dogs

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition stop Hackney Homes from making me rehome one of my dogs.

2015-05-01 00:17

She was allowed the property from the start with two dogs, what difference is it now. How can you expect her to choose. Have a heart Hackney !

2015-05-01 00:26

Very unfair- if the lady had two dogs prior to the tenancy

2015-05-01 00:38

Please update us and let us know the outcome! Prayers for you!

2015-05-01 00:38

I signed this petition because after reading the story I can see how unfair this is. If these dogs are not being a nuisance and the owner has adhered to all requests and the dogs have been allowed to reside there for over a year then my question is why? Removal of one of these dogs will cause unwarranted stress for both of the dogs and given the ages of the dogs I would say that they would have a pretty strong bond by now. I am sure they have a bond with their owner too!! The removal of one of these dogs would be a very cruel act not only towards the dogs but the owner also. How do you expect her to choose between her dogs. I think this request should be revoked for all concerned!!

2015-05-01 03:05

Hackney homes is in the wrong. Pets are family, you don't separate them. This is outrageous to force upon someone and threaten them financially or kick them out.
People need to develope the soul skill of compassion.

2015-05-01 04:58

Because the dogs have not caused any issue I can see and she was upfront with the. Council in the first place. The dogs are her family and should not be separated. The council should leave her alone she has done nothing wrong

2015-05-01 06:47

My dog is a part of my family and I wouldn't expect to have to put my Mother in a home so I could live in a house

2015-05-01 07:31

How can anybody ask someone to do such a thing disgusting!!

2015-05-01 08:37

To allow dogs to be with their owners! Don't make the owner give them up to the humane society!

2015-05-01 09:35

If the dogs are causing no problems and are quiet and under control it is unfair to ask for them to be separated especially as there are other families in the building with more than one pet.

2015-05-01 10:18

this lady and her dogs have done nothing wrong, and have adhered to all the rules and regs. again victimization against a breed i think,

2015-05-01 10:20

Hackney Homes cannot say it's okay .. then a year later change their minds

2015-05-01 10:30

Its wrong to not only take what will be a family member to this woman but the other dog would pine for their mate there is no reason to remove either dog

2015-05-01 10:31

I think that this tenant is being selected because of the breeds of dogs she owns. These dogs have never been any bother for the year or so she has been living there and the tenant complies with anything that was asked of her. The other tenants are safe, the dogs are under control and she is regularly checked, so why has been and no one else been told to get ride of her dogs?

2015-05-01 10:36

I do not agree with the London councils doing this sort of thing, i too have had similar happen to myself in my London Borough, I too had also stated BEFORE taking the property that I had four shar peis, I was allowed to do my mutual exchange the council knowing full well I had four dogs or I would never have moved! However a year after I moved in I had very aggressive dog wardens turn up at my door threatening to remove my very placid dogs from my property for no reason whatsoever but the fact that the council had seemingly changed their policies regarding tenants having domestic pets! at no time was I given a letter intact none of my neighbours were given letters , the attitude of the wardens was rude and very aggressive I asked to see their policies, I called the council and not one council official could or still have sent me a policy or letter to show me these new policies, Its disgusting I was hounded for months by these two wardens to the point it made me ill no animal lover should have to go through this, its petty crap and its against human rights that I did find out and no council can decide how a family should be living I shall share this petition and hope you can get as many signatures as possible and I urge everyone to call up Hackney Homes to complain!

2015-05-01 10:38

On Facebook book page

2015-05-01 11:09

I think its ridiculous thar some small minded people would try and seperate a family you wouldnt tell someone to give up their kids so leave the poor furbabies alone

2015-05-01 12:47

Because what the council is doing is illegal and bully! And who's responsible for those actions should be sacked , playing with people and animals life in this nazi attitude is just wrong!

2015-05-01 14:00

I have a Staffie mix who is an ambassador for the breed. Sweet, sensitive, loyal, funny, clean....

2015-05-01 16:33

Because it is totaly out of order for the council to make her rehome one of her babies. They knew she had them before she moved in. So they cannot make her do this. Just shows how 2 faced the council are. Should be ashamed going back on there word after 12 months. Just leave her & her babies alone & go & do something usefull. STOP THIS WITCH HUNT NOW.

2015-05-01 16:37

Animals are family and that's where they belong

#147 Re: animals are family and they belong with the family

2015-05-01 16:38

2015-05-01 16:41

Unless this woman's dogs have alist of documented.Problems that haven't been addressed I fail to see how the council can randomly insist she removes her dog. The council allocating the property should of been clear in their rules and made sure she adhered to them prior to giving her the accommodation. Not go in a year later ( sic )
Fairlady0818

#149 Stop abusing your residents by making them give up their animals.

2015-05-01 19:36

How can you give permission for an animal and then rescind it?  Are you not contractually obligated to fulfil your agreement with your resident?  Why can authority figures make changes and discriminate against others and not be brought to justice?  I am tired of those in charge trouncing on people's civil rights and their right to life peacefully and happily.  Change your rules! Do what is right!

2015-05-02 06:06

Because it's disgusting how they expect someone to get rid of something just to have their human rights met!!!