stop Hackney Homes from making me rehome one of my dogs

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition stop Hackney Homes from making me rehome one of my dogs.

2015-04-30 12:21

Please let this girl keep both off her dogs they are doing no harm to anyone hope they let her keep both if not evil sods there are good luck hun

2015-04-30 12:44

It is bad enough for private landlords to behave badly where pets are involved. But for a council to behave so atrociously, is beyond belief.

2015-04-30 12:46

This is disgusting! this poor woman has done nothing wrong & nor has her dogs, pets soon become family in the eyes of many, myself included, this should NOT be allowed

2015-04-30 12:53

I signed because this lady is being treated absolutely appallingly. When she moved in, she let the council know she had 2 dogs, so why are they now asking her to 'get rid' of one of them? It sounds as if she is being targeted for some strange reason. Let everyone stand up and support her and her precious dogs. Councils everywhere cannot think they can get away with treating their tenants like this.

#30 Re:

2015-04-30 13:05

#26: -  

please let this girl keep both dog wen i live in hackney i had 2 dog they not doin any harm an one is 10 year old he to old to let him go a dog is for life

2015-04-30 13:07

This dog is family & this council appauling

2015-04-30 13:09

being a volunteer for Dog rescues, we are overrun with abandoned,unwanted dogs, but these are Loved & wanted ! How dare the council be so cruel as to demand this loving family be split up.Its discrimination,totally unacceptable.

2015-04-30 13:18

This is shocking. Let this girl have two dogs. They are often a lot better than people anyway.So stupid!!!

2015-04-30 13:21

This is so unfair! Leave this woman and her dogs alone. If this is forced through, it will cause severe stress and deep emotional scarring to the dogs (who are bonded to each other) and the owner. The dogs aren't causing any trouble or harm, please leave them alone.
Jacqs

#35 Re: Re:

2015-04-30 13:25

#30: - Re:  

Well said. Someone who has any influence in this matter, please listen to how many people this is upsetting.

2015-04-30 13:32

i can not understand why this girl is having to re-home one of her dogs , is there not enough unwanted dogs in rescue centers , these dogs deserve to be with there mum they are wanted dogs that are loved ........ please let them be together it would be like breaking a family up so heart breaking xx

#37 Re:

2015-04-30 13:37

#2: -  

That is so true. It will cause great distress to both dogs and the owner. Why did they say she could keep both dogs there just to turn round now and say one has to go? Hun, if you're reading this, make a complaint to the very top person at the council (ask for a name), if you don't get far doing that, get legal advice and the citizens advice bureau have really helped me (wrote letters for me, etc), definitly recommend them when you're in any situation against a council. They know what your legal rights are.

2015-04-30 13:43

I agree with the tenant and not the council

2015-04-30 13:43

Dogs are family she had when moved in so why after a year should one have to be rehome

2015-04-30 13:46

I don't think its fair that this lady should have to rehome her pet after a year of being there with no problems other than rectifying the lead issue, I think the council are being totally unfair and knew the lady had two dogs without hesitation allowed her to have the dogs live there from the start of her tenancy!

2015-04-30 13:48

This is like choosing one of your kids !! Come on this is England surely we are more bloody compassionate than this ? So what happens to the dog that the poor woman has to rehome ? Rescues money from public to help it out then moved pillar to post until the poor dog is frightened upset and can't be rehomed with other dogs or kids coz it's confused and lashing out ? Come on hackney get a grip !!!

2015-04-30 13:59

Good luck.

2015-04-30 13:59

I think this is a disgrace , how ridiculous one dog or two , not much difference, these dogs need to stay together please sign , hard enough to rehome this beautiful breed as it is .

2015-04-30 14:07

Fingers crossed for the poor girl ! With so many dogs being abandoned these days you would think people would be encouraged to keep their pooches

2015-04-30 14:09

I believe it is unfair for someone to be asked to get rid of an animal just to continue living somewhere, unfair to be refused accommodation due to owning a pet and time people did stand up and be counted .

2015-04-30 14:10

I'm sure the housing office are acting illegally if you and other tenants have been allowed pets in the past

2015-04-30 14:13

It is wrong they making you rehome your animals its just disgraceful, would they rehome one of there pets-NO so why should you n you've not done anything wrong or have your pets, dont allow them keep fighting for your right to keep your babys they to old to upset n rehome , good luck xx

2015-04-30 14:25

As a Landord myself, I allow pets and have had more damage and nuisance done by children than dogs or cats.

#49 Re: Re:

2015-04-30 14:26

#37: - Re:  

Thank you so much for your support and it means so much to see how many people are willing to stand up and speak out on this matter it is clear this is because of the breed of dogs I have and they are saying I'm breaching the tenancy agreement but for over a year they knew I had 2 dogs and nothing was said about it. But all of a sudden they seem to think they can start taking quotes or sentences out of the agreement over a year later, it makes no sense me dogs haven't done anything to anyone or any other pet in the building.  They are quite and as you can see they are getting old they are both senior dogs and I'm completely beside myself having to fight to keep them together. :-( 

2015-04-30 14:30

Because its not fair to separate the dogs especially with how old they are when the lady asked permission before she moved in. Its like asking someone to choose between their children. Impossible choice.