MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ABOUT HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ABOUT HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2016-07-31 11:16

Already commented

2016-07-31 11:19

My family and I have been regular customers of Hare Hatch Sheeplands from the first opening. In those days it was for 2 Hrs per Week.
Thee is no other outlet that comes anywhere near to the social and Child freandly side of Sheeplanda. Not to mention the charity fund raising.(Now forced to close by WDC).

2016-07-31 11:26

Enjoyment of all that is available at Sheepland

2016-07-31 12:22

I signed because I am aware that Wokingham Borough Council tends to ignore popular opinion. They are our servants and, as such, should always heed our opinion. In addition, I know many people who appreciate and support the wonderful centre at Sheeplands, including myself!

2016-07-31 12:26

I love to shop at Hare Hatch. There is nowhere offering a similar safe place to shop and allow my toddler to play!

2016-07-31 12:52

Sheeplands is a great community asset and I'm stunned by WBC's attitude

2016-07-31 13:15

Sheeplands is a valuable resource which I have used for many years. Whilst the owner may not have always have acted in his own best interests I am at a total loss to understand why the Council is wasting resources pursuing a garden centre and farm shop and seeking to impose draconian restrictions. Sheeplands operates in a similar manner to other garden centres, all of which offer a wide variety of goods and services and none of which grow their own plants! We need this garden centre to continue to thrive - I drive 20 minutes to this centre when I have one only a couple of minutes away.

2016-07-31 13:24

Because this is a very useful commodity, friendly local employers and franchises

2016-07-31 14:27

I regularly use Hare Hatch Sheeplands for garden supplies. They are the only local garden centre in the area that provides customer service and useful advice on gardening matters. The alternative providers are useless. They usually have no staff available to consult and those that are available know nothing about plants. I also use the Farmshop, fish shop and pet food suppliers regularly, which also provide a unique service. All the businesses at Hare Hatch Sheeplands are excellent employers providing good opportunities and training to a large number of young people.

2016-07-31 15:18

I prefer it to the other similar businesses very close by and it seems very unfair that those can trade freely while Hare Hatch Sheeplands is threatened with closure. it seems that Wokingham Borough Council have a vindictive attitude towards them.

2016-07-31 16:10

The reason I signed this petition is that I use Sheeplands regularly. I enjoy visiting as it has the things I want. ie Farm shop,
butchers, garden centre. cafe etc.
Also I would miss it if it was not there.

2016-07-31 17:04

I support the petition because Hare Hatch Sheeplands is probably the best retail outlet in the whole of East Berkshire. Because the so called Green Belt Land it occupies performs no useful part of the Green Belt. Because Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a progressive company that offers excellent training for it's young staff and provides unrivalled Customer Service. Wokingham District Council should use it's resources and talents to foster a business like this, and find a way of ensuring that planning regulations do not prevent them from doing everything possible to encourage this enterprise. I am a regular user of the garden Centre and can state without fear of contradiction that the customer service and product range and quality are greatly superior to the so called competition the other side of the A4 or anywhere else where in the vicinity.

2016-07-31 18:03

Because it's a great place, fab community spirit and excellent service and goods.

2016-07-31 21:07

I use the farm shop probably weekly and also use the garden centre, butcher, fishmonger and pet shop on a fairly regular basis - it's great having so many excellent facilities in one place. But what really makes this centre stand out amongst others nearby is the staff, who all go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Elsewhere you're more likely to get a disinterested part-timer. I would really miss Hare Hatch Sheeplands facilities and staff if the centre went out of business. Don't let it happen WBC!

2016-07-31 21:59

Great place to shop ... Friendly attentive staff feels likeocal shops felt when I was a child 60 years ago. The owners are visible and show real and practical interest in the community around. I travel some distance for the pleasure of shopping at Sheeplands

2016-07-31 22:15

I have used Sheeplands for many years, as the former nursery and currently as a garden centre, the farm shop I use very regular due to the fact local produce is sold and so we are supporting the local community. This wonderful place holds craft events, which again supports the local community, hobbists, local folk making a living and is educational, as were the paint/art shops held for young children. At Christmas they provide a real life manger, lust giving family the opportunity to explain the meaning of, along with an animal farm for children to understand and get to know, in many instances stop fears, along with the fun and again education involved. I really cannot understand Wokingham Borough Council not supporting education - it just goes to show, that perhaps local supporters of this council should think about who is on board within this authority when they do not support local needs, requirements and circumstances that make good and have events/activities for our future generations........

2016-07-31 23:12

I can't believe Wokingham council are being under hand again.. trying to make it as difficult as possible to get the petition silenced ... well guess what I am going to share the hell out of it again... grow up.. in the age of social media .. you look petty...

2016-08-01 05:41

The planning department short sightedness

2016-08-01 06:54

Support a great local business!

2016-08-01 08:13

To secure the future of this business and all that are employed there.
And so that I continue to shop at this fantastic centre

2016-08-01 08:16

The garden centre is an amazing resource to the community and a brilliant place to visit. They offer a very family friendly atmosphere.
If it were to close it would be a massive loss to the community

2016-08-01 10:00

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a valued community asset which enhances the local area, WBC's attitude has been deplorable, totally ignoring it's residents wishes. The excuse of an adverse effect on the green belt is farcical.

2016-08-01 10:03

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a much valued asset to the local community. It enhances the area - to claim it has an adverse effect on the green belt is farcical. WBC should be ashamed of its deplorable attitude and take note of its residents wishes.

2016-08-01 13:21

To destroy an established and thriving local business makes no sense whatsoever. If found to have blatanly flaunted planning rules, fine them (though not so much so as to threaten their continued existence).

2016-08-01 14:23

I am a strong supporter of Sheeplands and its partner businesses. I wish it to remain an effective competitor to Wyevale. I do not want to see the enforced closure of these operations in defiance of the wishes of local people.