SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2014-01-29 20:43

Ple3ase allow this brilliantly run and friendly business to continue. They are unique in their field.

2014-01-29 20:54

this is not just a garden centre. It's an active community showing local produce and crafts and encourages a sense of community sadly lacking in the surrounding area.

2014-01-29 20:55

This business is a valuable local asset. There is another business which is similar opposite them so absolutely no reason why Hare Hatch Sheeplands should not be allowed to continue and prosper

2014-01-29 20:57

HHS really is one of a kind, supporting local crafters and small business owners, it's loss would be seriously detrimental to the local area and all those it supports and of course their many happy customers. Please save HHS!

2014-01-29 21:25

This is the only garden centre I bother to visit with my family owing to the interesting things they do and sell. To close this place down would be a travesty. To have an exciting shopping option in life needs an independent retailer like this. We should treat them with respect and kid gloves to preserve their originality in a dull and boring chain shop culture such as we have today

2014-01-29 21:34

Travel to this wonderful shopping environment for the great shopping experience a few times a month......Local businesses, serving the local area..... This is local politics gone mad.... Come on Wokingham , get sensible and move on.

2014-01-29 21:38

I wonder if the change in WBC attitude to HHS has anything to do with the arrival of Terra Firma into the garden centre business...the timing is curious to say the least.

2014-01-29 21:42

This is a wonderful place which really understands it's customers wants and needs.
Sheeplands really offers the old style values of customer care and service which all these corporate places seem to put to the sideline in preference to budget and profit over the customer experience. Proof of this in my eyes is when I ask my 4 year old daughter where she wants to go she always asks to go to sheeplands, how many children would choose to go to a garden centre over the park or woods if they weren't such an integral and important part to our area?
Please don't let what has happened to our high streets now happen to our local business.

2014-01-29 22:05

Hope all goes well

2014-01-29 22:37

A great place to go so unique. I wish more places would give such good and personalised service, so few business offer such good advise. I would have thought this is exactly the business we would want to encourage.

2014-01-29 23:13

the question has to be asked are wokingham working-siding with the very big compeiter across the road ,who would like the monopoly.we want more independant shops.not the same garden centres everywere you go selling the same thing.

2014-01-29 23:13

I believe Wokingham council must have another agenda to want to destroy this business. They are behaving in a totally unwarranted way.

2014-01-29 23:14

A family friendly business which local people love! My children love it and makes a refeshing change to its competitors with their overpriced stock and facilities.
A Local Supporter

#189 Hare Hatch Sheeplands

2014-01-29 23:20

We have lived in and around this area ever since Sheeplands opened, we have watched them grow from next to nothing to something to be valued and enjoyed by everyone. It does make you wonder if the Council do have a hidden agenda, but they have been happy enough to collect their revenue all of the time, so now is the time for them to relinquish any argument and allow Sheeplands to continue in this competitive environment, which they are obviously successful at, otherwise they would not be seen as a threat to surrounding businesses. So come on Wokingham Council give this guy a break and let him get on with his business which he obviously still wants to do. There are other independant businesses in the area, why pick on this one!

2014-01-29 23:26

My wife and I live in Hounslow Middlesex but often visit Sheeplands with our Grand children who live in Maidenhead It was our Daughter who introduced us to this wonderful place and not only do we,our Daughter and her children love the place but we have also spent a very pleasant time there on a number of occasions with our Daughters Scottish Inlaws from Glasgow. There is something for everyone. Their staff are always freindly and helpful. Long may they trade.

2014-01-29 23:38

2014-01-30 00:02

This Garden Centre is one of the best and most professionally run in the County and it would be most unfortunate if an uncaring Local Authority should force its closure against the will of so many customers.

2014-01-30 00:32

Twyford would not be Twyford without Hare Hatch Sheeplands. It is a vital part of our community as a place to shop for foods with a difference, gifts and things for the garden. It is a great supporter of our community and would be sorely missed if it was forced to close by some small-minded bureaucrats at WDC, who probably don't live in the area or appreciate what a fantastic place HHS is. Do something different WDC - listen to the people for a change!

2014-01-30 02:53

Hare Hatch has been a welcome addition to our comunity, I for one would be giving it a big vote of confidence. It is a great addition as a gardening center and food market. I hope you will get hundreds more neighbors that want to support and thank you for opening here. I VOTE YES FOR THE BUSINESS TO STAY IN TYFORD.

2014-01-30 03:05

Hare Hatch Nursery is a competitive business with a good range of garden plants and shrubs. They stock a good selection of garden tools, seeds,bulbs , pesticides etc as well as some garden ornaments. They also have a relatively small selection of books and gifts which is very useful. This business has grown and expanded over a number of years through sheer hard work, providing high quality garden plants etc. the provision of a cafe is a great bonus for resting weary feet when selecting plants etc and the farm shop enables meat, veg etc to be purchased on site. This is a far superior business when compared to other garden centres in the vicinity, this comment is based on my many visit to Hare Hatch nursery over many years. All their plants and shrubs are of a superior quality and competitvely priced. The plants thrive and survive where as plants and shrubs purchased from garden centre opposite have been expensive and have had a poor survival and. Growth rate. I have used both garden centres in the past, have visited the nearest garden center to check quality of their stock and the prices which are exhorbatent. Hare Hatch Nursery should never have been put in the position of having to appeal to continue the business it is a preposterous situation which the general public feel strongly about. We want Hare Hatch Nursery to continue trading as it is at present. The idea that th council may have been subject to pressure from a larger nursery with a number of branches is obscene and is very concerning for all people living in the Wokingham Councils area. We pay a fortunate in Council Tax let us have the business we want NOT what YOU THINK we should have.

2014-01-30 05:51

Sheeplands is not just a garden centre, it is a lovely community and friendly family orientated place to visit. I hope it is able to continue, as it would be missed by many if it were to close.

2014-01-30 05:55

This facility provides a business and benefit and should be retained

2014-01-30 07:10

Excellent local business!

2014-01-30 07:24

It is good to have an independent garden centre

2014-01-30 07:25

This is petty bureaucracy, forcing the closure of this business will result in many lovely people losing their jobs. WBC had not trouble in allowing expansion of the traveller's site a couple of hundred metres down the road to expand on 'green belt' land. It's utter madness. KEEP SHEEPLANDS OPEN