Opposition to ITV

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Opposition to ITV.

FEAR

#226 ITV OBJECTION

2012-08-02 19:22

O ALLAH MAKE US SUCH THAT WE FEAR YOU AS THROUGH WE ARE SEEING YOU ALL THE TIME TILL WE MEET YOU..AMEEN..ITV IS HARAAM HARAAM HARAAM....................................NOTHING MORE TO SAY......BUT HARAAM
Bint Abdulla

2012-08-02 20:44

ML Desai is a good aalim but it doesnt mean if u dint follow HIM u going to hell, theres other righteous ulama in S.A that you can follow and still be on the haq. ppl must stop behaving like ''Its either the majlis or the mahdi'' < to quote sister muslimas exact words. thats nonsense as it implies that presently the majlis is the only body on the haq and everyone else is on the wrong path. very far from the truth. look at ml ebrahim desai, ml abdul hameed azaadville etc. they r great shaikhs too, no doubt.

Muslima

2012-08-02 22:09

Sure thing. They're wonderful and THEY say that ml desai is better...! We're wise so we go for the BEST on time..! lol.

Of course there are other great shaikhs too but i can assure you that ML Desai is the most pious man in the world today unless khidhr A.S is alive.
Silent Observer who supports ITV

#229 The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-02 23:03

I am disappointed that the debate on this issue of ITV being Haraam has now become stagnant. No new comments worth reading.

If ITV is Haraam. Then boycott ITV. Do not watch ITV or any other TV. The irony is that there appears to be more "hatred" and venom directed at ITV in one week than all the "hatred" against all the other channels which have are 100% Haraam and which have no intention to be the friends of Islam.

The enemies of Islam must be celebrating this attack of Muslims against a Muslim initiative. How misguided are we?

ITV Supporter

#230 Re: The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-02 23:08

#229: Silent Observer from ITV - The debate has not improved yet 

Saying ITV is Haraam will not make it Haraam. Signing 1000 or 10 000 petitions against ITV will make no difference. If you dont like ITV dont watch it. There is no compulsion in religion.

Read books. Surf the web. Boycott ITV. Its your choice.

ITV Supporter

#231 You cannot Boycott what is Haraam

2012-08-02 23:13

Boycott ITV by all means. It is not a boycott because if you believe it is Haraam then you are obliged to abstain from it.

TV and media is a powerful tool which the Enemies of Islam use to fight Islam and Muslims. Those of us who do not have the insight to realise this are doomed to live in the past and must account for the harm we could potentially cause to future generations if we do not take up this challenge.
Muslima

2012-08-02 23:42

So here we go again! what more is there to say AFTER SAYING ITV IS HARAAM? Tv is HARAAM. Finish and klaar. No need to discuss the issue further, you rather spend your time talking about something beneficial and halaal like ml AS desai saheb.

The enemies of islaam must be celebrating that they have the muslims dancing to their tunes, compromising their religion and abandoning the the sacred laws of islaam just as they wanted us to.

Irrespective of whether YOU believe ITV to be halaal or haraam, YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO ABSTAIN FROM IT. ALLAH'S laws don't change on account of what YOU believe and perceive to be islaam.

The shariah is crystal clear, nobody can fool anyone with regard to the ahkaam of ALLAH and HIS Rasool salallahu'AlaihiWasallam.

ITV with all its ''good intentions'' and evil doings is absolutely HARAAM... END OF THE STORY.

ITV IS HARAAM DONT JUSTIFY HARAAM

#233 Re: The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-02 23:58

#229: Silent Observer who supports ITV - The debate has not improved yet

We dont care about the other Tv stations . ITV is in the name of islam . People will understand whatever is on that channel is islamic .The ulama being on there will make the public understand all is halaal . THATS WHY WE ARE SAYING ITV IS A EVIL DEVIL STATIONS BECUASE WHAT ISLAM SAYS IS HARAAM PHOTOS MUSIC AND WOMAN DISPLAYING THEMSELVES . ITV PROMOTES THIS EVILS . SIMPLE CAN YOU UNDERSTAND .

THE HAQ

#234 Re:

2012-08-03 00:01

#232: Muslima - EXACTLY ITS ALLAHS LAW THAT MATTERS.WE DONT USE HARAAM MEANS TO GAIN HELP OR BENIFIT .

naeem

#235 Re: Re: The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-03 10:53

#230: ITV Supporter - Re: The debate has not improved yet

Creaky...how weird and skewed are peoples understanding of Islam not! Now look at this supporter of ITV.  Its like him saying "saying liqour is Haraam will not make it Hraam. If you don't like it, don't drink it. There is no comulsion in religion.." Really, it is shocking!

Zeenat

#236 Re:

2012-08-03 11:00

#227: Bint Abdulla -

Sorry, sister with all due respect to all the other Ulama, ask yourself how many of them spoke up when it mattered? Everyone was silent on the sanha Haraam chickens, the Riba banks, the Radio Shaytaan activities, the MMB, MJC's Haraam vark labeled and fed to Muslims...

Indeed the other Ulama are on Haq, but when it really mattered, it's the Majlis and the Jamiatul Ulama Gauteng that spoke up FEARLESSLY.

That is why only they were smeared as being exteremist and crazy and others were spared.

Perhaps they were using hikmat, since they are pious. Only Allah knows why they were silent until now.

Perhaps they should tour the country and give Bayaan in every town about the Haraam ITV. That will really shake up the masses.

#237 Re: The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-03 11:40

#229: Silent Observer who supports ITV - The debate has not improved yet

After" silenlty observing" for so long, you still don't get it....

My freind you are totally lost... We make duaa that ALLAH (SWT) opens your eyes and heart to at least see the truth.

Many people out there watch television wholesale  and itv. But at least they have come to realise the haraam status. Insha-Allah ALLAH will guide you to steer away .

When one doesn't think he/she  is doing wrong, one will not make taubah. When one realises they are doing wrong they will make taubah.

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2012-08-03 11:54

Bint Abdulla

#239 Re: Re:

2012-08-03 12:22

#236: Zeenat - Re:

In fact these ulama have actually spoken against the issues u mention but just not in the valiant fashion which the majlis goes about doing it. Probably that’s the reason people didn’t take notice unless they followed them and read their writings, sat in their majaalis etc. I’m by no means saying that the majlis is WRONG. I'm a follower of the majlis too. All I’m saying is there are other ulama on the Haq as well.

FEIZAL ALLI JOHANNESBURG

#240 e: Re:

2012-08-03 12:27

#236: Zeenat - Re: VERY WELL SAID SISTER!! I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ADD

YES, THOSE OTHER ULEMA ARE INDEED OF HIGH CALIBRE AND PIETY. NO SANE PERSON CAN REFUTE THAT.

THEIR PIETY AND AKHLAAQ ARE OF A VERY HIGH LEVEL.....NOW IF SOME OF THESE SAME ULEMA YOU QUOTED SPEAKS  HIGHLY OR HOLDS HIGH REGARD FOR MOULANA A.S. DESAI. WHAT CATEGORY DO YOU THINK HE MAY BE IN ?

I HAVE PERSONALLY BEEN FOLLOWING HIS WRITINGS FOR OVER 30 YEARS. MOULANA HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN THE FOREFRONT OF DEFENDING THE  HAQ.

UNFORTUNATELY TOO MANY OF THESE PIOUS ULEMA HAVE BEEN SILENT ON IMPORTANT ISSUES TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE UMMAH.

WE MAKE DUAA THAT ALLAH USE ALL OUR ULEMA TO DEFEND THE HAQ - AAMEEN

Muslima

#241 Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

2012-08-03 14:07

What i find funny is that the radio islaam ulama are always crying for unity in the ummah... but it appears that they're on a royal rampage to destroy every iota of unity that the ulama had.

For 1400 years all the ulama UNANIMOUSLY agreed that TV, photography, music, intermingling etc are HARAAM. They had UNITY on those issues. Now, the radio islaam clique is dividing and disuniting the ummah and ulama by veering away from these unanimously agreed upon views and introducing, justifying, accrediting and participating in deed's which are wrong.

Isn't that funny? And let me bet: sooner or later they're going to blame the ulama against ITV for causing DISUNITY in the world. LOL!

They won't admit that they're the cause of the disunity in this ummah.

ISLAAM is clear, anyone can understand wrong from right.
Muslims can't unite on sin, they can only unite on HAQ.
Sin is the CAUSE of disunity.

Bint Abdulla

#242 Re: Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

2012-08-03 15:02

#241: Muslima - Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

Sister muslima you and a few others on the forum have a way of stirring up the emotions of readers. Again i'm not saying anything is wrong with whats being said but we have to look at things from a logical and not emtional point of view. Its fine to be emotional but if you see this saga from a logical perspective you'll understand that its good for our righteous ulama to unite with those on the wrong path so that they can influence them. Inshallah that way they can even change them.

Allahu A'lam

#243 Re: Re: Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

2012-08-03 15:16

#242: Bint Abdulla - Re: Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

YOUR IDEA OF "UNITY" IS WARPED. WE ARE FRIENDS AND BROTHERS TO THESE FONG KONG ULEMA. YES WE WILL CRITICISE THEM AND OUR ULEMA OF HAQQ WILL CONTINUE TO ADMONISH/GUIDE THEM, BUT "UNITY" IS ON HAQ. THERE WILL NEVER BE UNITY ON FALSEHOOD EVEN WITH OUR OWN BROTHERS.  WE LOVE THEM THE WAY WE LOVE OUR BROTHERS BUT WE HATE WHAT THEY DO. IF THEY COME BACK ON TRACK UNITY WILL PREVAIL. IF THEY REMAIN ARROGANT, THEN WHO IS TO BLAME FOR THE DISUNITY.

DON'T CONFUSE UNITY OF BROTHERHOOD WITH UNITY OF TRUTH

Muslima

#244 UNITY, UNITY, unity blah blah blah blah!!!

2012-08-03 16:34

Sis its not 'fine' to be emotional - its NECESSARY. A muslim is supposed to feel emotional i.e angry and upset to see the shariah, the laws of ALLAH and the orders of Rasoolullah salallahu'Alaihiwasallam being flung aside and trampled upon by its own ulama.

Rasoolullah Salallahu'Alaihiwasallam said: “None of you will be a true believer until I am more beloved to him than himself”

In another hadeeth: "None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves his children, his parents, and all of mankind."

Love without emotion is NOT true love. This shariah of islaam is NOT free to be used and abused to suit our fancy. Its the divine orders of ALLAH and the heartfelt wishes of HIS Rasool that these molvi's are messing around with.

By uniting with them you are stooping down to their level and accepting they doing's. If they want unity they must unite with the righteous ulama. No problem.

Nobody will manage to influence them as they beleive that THEY ARE ON THE HAQ and anyone who disagree's with them is a ''fitna maker'' ''extremist'' etc. < LOGIC.
They own ustaadhs and mashaikh can't convince them to see straight and give up the wrong and haraam. That's evidence enough to prove how stubborn and haughty they are. < LOGIC.

Can you imagine how Rasoolullah sallallahu'Alaihiwasallam feels when he is informed of what we - His ummah are doing???

What did'nt ALLAHS Rasool do for us? Did'nt He cry the entire night through for our maghfirah? Did'nt he spend hours on end advising, guiding, educating and begging us (his ummah) to abstain from actions and deeds which will lead us to the fire and invite the wrath and punishment of ALLAH?

Did'nt he make millions of enemies, fight dozens of wars, cry desperate tears of love and fear, bleed, starve, lose his family and friends, get expelled from his beloved homeland and see his best friends and companions martyred in front of his eyes?

He had to endure a boycott for years and even lose his mubaarak teeth in order to spread and defend ISLAAM.
YES!!! This is how ISLAAM reached us. We have this islaam and shariah today because of the effort and hardships of those who strove, gave their lives and fought for it. And instead of treasuring and holding fast unto its laws and demands, we prefer throwing it aside and taking it lightly. Every command of ISLAAM is supposed to be honored, treasured and NEVER compromised in any way. We owe it to Nabi salallahuAlaihiwasallam. That's the least very we can do.

MUSLIMS CAN ONLY UNITE ON THE SHARIAH OF ISLAAM, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNITE ON THE ''SHARIAH'' OF SHAYTAAN. ..

naeem

#245 Re: Re: Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

2012-08-03 16:35

#242: Bint Abdulla - Re: Must the ulama unite with you on sin and evil?

You dont have to unite with someone to show them that they are wrong. You don't have to join drunkards to show them that they are wrong. You dont have to unite with prostitues to tell them that they are wrong.

hashim

#246 Re: Re: The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-03 17:03

#237: - Re: The debate has not improved yet

Silent supporter...can't you see what is happening in Burma. Babies are roasted, women raped, the eyes of Muslims are gauged out. The Majlis took out an article today warning the Muslims of this country of an impending Athaab. For almost everything thus far, the Majlis has been proven right. The Halaal vark vleis, the Shaytaanic ITV, the Riba banks which caused the entire board of Ulama to resign only now, the fall of the Talebaan five years beforehand...the list goes on and on...when the Majlis says Allah's athaab is imminent if those ITV Ulama dont make tuabah, then i am really worried. Check all the Indian areas: they are surrounded by squater camps. The  whoites are armed and trained. The Indians have the wealth. If trouble breaks out, who is going to help us if Allah Ta'ala abandons us since we have abandoned His Commands? May your silence not be shattered by hysterical screams!

#247 Re: Re: Re: The debate has not improved yet

2012-08-03 17:36

#246: hashim - Re: Re: The debate has not improved yet

May Allah save us from sinning against our souls. May such brutality never materialise on this land. Oh allah save us and save our brothers and sisters in other parts of the world.

We Muslims must wake up. First we must rid our Jamiats, Mjc etc of these Ulema-e-soo. live like muslims and turn towrds Allah i nrepentance.

Action speaks louder than words

ITVS ENEMY

#248 Re:

2012-08-03 18:21

#227: Bint Abdulla -

WELL MOULANA AS DESAI IS THE LEADER SO FOLLOW HIM..............................................

Sa'ad Jeena Jeena1@gmail.com

#249 Thanks

2012-08-03 19:59

Assalamu Alaykum

I would like to thank all participants for their comments on this forum. This debate has opened my eyes and dispelled all doubts of permissibly for ITV. The way people openly professed their feelings and love for the shariah and the rasool has taken me aback and made me feel proud of being part of this ummah.

May Allah reward you all for openly declaring the truth in this era where the truth is usually stifled. Amin

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2012-08-03 20:00